VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This has been keeping me up at night

I have a program called convertxtodvd, I have another program called avideomux

In avideomux I open the file (VTS_021.VOB.idx) I made the edit I wanted to do (cutting)

after that I saved the project to my desktop, when I go into convertxtodvd it says something like unknown file format. So im thinking I have to convert the file first after I edit it? If so, How do I do that in avideomux? Or would I need a different seperate program to do that.

Now....

When I Save the VIDEO, it takes about 7 hours to finish (its a 4 hour video) only to go into convertxtodvd and the same thing happen again

By the way, the exstention of the file after I save the video is... stat.fake

I know im doing something wrong, please advise, thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avidemux project file and stats file can not be read by convertxtodvd

Where is the final edited version being saved to by avidemux ... it's the file convertxtodvd should be given
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you mean the after saving the video, it was saved to my desktop, its not saving it to convertxtodvd

could I not just get a video converter and convert the edited file and then reopen the file with convertxtodvd?

The simple questions is, how do I burn a Edited file using avideomux onto a dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    To what format are you saving to in avidemux? if you use video and audio copy mode you can save it as a new mpg file without any conversion. THen import the mpg in convertxtodvd.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are two options as you said, Video and audio,

What format should I save the video into , there are about 5 different formats of mpeg for the video mode

and what should be saved for the audio?

I also changed the exstention when I saved the project to project.mpeg, even though the file showed up as a little windows player icon, convertxtodvd still did not take the file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, I seem to solve the problem, I was able to burn the edited video using convertxto dvd. In avideomux I just messed around with the Video & sound mode, and format.

Video mode- Mpeg-2 Requant

sound mode- mp2 (lavc)

format mode Mpeg-ps(A+V)
    Quote Quote