VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've two small questions on setting up defaults with the latest version of SubtitleCreator v2.3rc1

First, I'm unable to have the program open with a default profile specified. It always opens in "No Profile Active". I believe that previous versions permitted this. I've tried re-installing and also reviewing the Profile.xml file but I don't see what is causing the issue. The previous version had these lines in the Profile.xml file (which the new version does NOT):

<ActiveProfile>1</ActiveProfile>

However, even attempting to add these lines to the new version still does not load a deault profile. Anyone have any suggestions?

Second, how do I set deault colors in the Settings.xml file so that it will automatically load these default colors each time so that I won't have to constantly use the pull down menus. It isn't clear to me how the Settings.xml needs to have these deault colors indicated.

What I see in the Settings.Xml file is this:

<!--Maybe you prefer to have yellow subtitles instead of my default white ones, so here is your chance
    to define your own preferences.-->
    <PreferedSubtitleColors>
    <PreferedBackgroundColor Red="190" Green="190" Blue="190" />
    <PreferedForegroundColor Red="255" Green="255" Blue="255" />
    <PreferedOutlineColor Red="0" Green="0" Blue="0" />
    <PreferedAntialiasColor Red="128" Green="128" Blue="128" />
    </PreferedSubtitleColors>
    </Settings>

So how do I have to change this to make these my preferred colors:
    Background - White Text - Yellow Outline - Black AntiAlias - Dark Gray

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. J\I don't use SubtitleCreator for this, but you can easily fix the colors after you've created the DVD using either PGCEdit or DVDSubEdit:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/Guides/ChangingColors/Guide.htm
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that suggestion, manono, but it's not a question of fixing the colors AFTER they are created. In fact, I can select the colors I'd like BEFORE they are created by manually selecting these colors each time within SubitlteCreator by using its pull down menus.

However, rather than have to repetitively do this each time I create a subtitle, it seemed that the Settings.xml file should permit the pre-setting of selected colors, though it is not explained how to do this and I've found no reference to this via a google search.

BTW, I do use DVDSubEdit and find it invaluable for repositioning subtitles.
    Quote Quote