VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum....

I just purchased an Acer Revo AR1600, and instead of including restore DVDs in the package, the restore software is on a second (proprietary format) partition. Acer includes a utility to burn your own recovery CDs or DVDs. The problem is that this computer doesn't have a DVD burner and I don't have an external one to use.

What I'd like to do is find some program that pretends to be a DVD burner but actually writes the data to a file on the hard drive, which I could then transfer to another PC to burn or create an ISO from the "virtual burner" using any myriad of tools. That ISO could of course be burned by another PC.

Googling turned up quite a few programs ODD emulators, but I couldn't find one that emulates an actual DVD burner. Is there a tool for this? The Revo came with Windows XP Home SP3.

Thanks for any help!

(OK I realise this IS in the wrong forum, sorry, but rather than cross posting, I'll leave it here, hopefully I'll still get some help)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only by external or via network shared resource (burner)

I tried this with an acer laptop using the same application ... internal and external burners both popped open ... but the application simply done nothing when it came to the external drive ... just sat there ... hopefully acer has corrected this problem

There is also Macrium Reflect free for home users
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you insert a USB thunb drive and "burn" to that?

Is the partition accessible or readable by any other method?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After a little more research, I found that Virtual CD has a virtual burner. Can be used in demo mode so I was able to make the ISO's that I needed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One problem bugmen0t, Phantom.Burner.v2.0.0.0.Incl.Keymaker-EMBRACE inside the Rar file is warez.
    Quote Quote