VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've been tring the "Blu-Ray Backup Guide (by milOtis)" and all is working good except for when I play the -R disc on my SAMSUNG player, the audio is delayed by like 5-10 seconds. Is there anything that I can try or do to correct this problem? Can someone please help me!!

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our blu-ray ripping forum.

Does it work fine if you play the dvdr on your computer with a software blu-ray player like Total Media Theatre?
    Have you tried use bd rebuilder? And make an avchd/blu-ray on dvdr.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, I am sorry if I posted in the wrong section of the forums and Thank you for the quick response.....

Unfortunately, I have not purchased a video card for my PC yet, therefore I cannot play any bluray disc on my PC for testing with "Total Media Player". I did use the BD rebuilder as per the "Blu-Ray Backup Guide (by milOtis)" instructions, and I had also patched the final shrunken file created with BD rebuilder with AVCHD. Is the patching with AVCHD OK this way, or do you suggested another way to use AVCHD?

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Moving you to our blu-ray ripping forum.

Does it work fine if you play the dvdr on your computer with a software blu-ray player like Total Media Theatre?
    Have you tried use bd rebuilder? And make an avchd/blu-ray on dvdr.
    Ok, even though I haven't received a response yet from my previous post, I am going to assume that patching with AVCHD is not what you were referring to, so I used TsMuxer to create an AVCHD file and I am going to use bd rebuilder to shrink the file for burning to the -r disk. I will repost results in another 10+ hours, but if you think I am doing something wrong or suggest something different, please let me know so I can stop the current process.

Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
  5. What model Samsung player? They tend to be finicky, some don't like DVD-ROM booktyping, others you must delete the AUXDATA folder, or both.

You really need a new video card, Blu-Ray/HDCP capable cards are as low as about ~$30 bucks at NewEgg. I'd get one pronto.

When you can view your high definition video on your computer, you have an additional option. You can view the video in MPCHC, and adjust the audio delay. Options -> Filters -> Audio Switchers. Once you have the correct time shift (in Milliseconds), you can use that when muxing with tsMuxer.

I once had to do exactly that with an HD capture. It didn't dawn on me until later, after I had deleted the original capture, that I remembered no problem with the original stream I watched while capturing. Turned out the partition I use for capture was heavily fragmented, and the editing partition as well. Not normally a problem if you don't let the drive get cluttered and over-full. The incorrect audio offset crept in during editing I think, when deleting adverts with tsSniper. How it happened in your case is impossible to say, since there's so little info to go on. :P
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93
    What model Samsung player? They tend to be finicky, some don't like DVD-ROM booktyping, others you must delete the AUXDATA folder, or both.

You really need a new video card, Blu-Ray/HDCP capable cards are as low as about ~$30 bucks at NewEgg. I'd get one pronto.

When you can view your high definition video on your computer, you have an additional option. You can view the video in MPCHC, and adjust the audio delay. Options -> Filters -> Audio Switchers. Once you have the correct time shift (in Milliseconds), you can use that when muxing with tsMuxer.

I once had to do exactly that with an HD capture. It didn't dawn on me until later, after I had deleted the original capture, that I remembered no problem with the original stream I watched while capturing. Turned out the partition I use for capture was heavily fragmented, and the editing partition as well. Not normally a problem if you don't let the drive get cluttered and over-full. The incorrect audio offset crept in during editing I think, when deleting adverts with tsSniper. How it happened in your case is impossible to say, since there's so little info to go on. :P
    Hey fritzi93,
    Thanks for responding...I have a Samsung BD-P1400 player. I will try removing the AUXDATA folder and burn another disk to see if it helps. I agree that I need a video card and I will certainly go and purchase one tomorrow.

I was able to practice by following your instructions above by using a simple avi. file with MPCHC. My question is, where do I make the adjustments to tsMuxer after I have discovered the correct time shift?

I am feeling confident now with your instructions. I really appreciate your effort and time for trying to help me with this dilema. I was starting to get frustrated after burning 6 disks and spending multiple days shrinking the video and trying new methods to correct the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Click on the audio track and...Hey Presto! There it is. :P

You might want to go into more detail on your procedure. Is this your first attempt at backing up a Blu-Ray? Also, do you have adequate storage space, etc. And which movie? It might help, as someone else on this site may be better able to advise you. Good luck.

[EDIT] Your player is mentioned in this Doom9 thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144674

Supposedly it will play movie only on BD 5/9. There may be some more info on it further into the thread, but I haven't re-read that *long* thread with an eye to the BDP-1400. I suspect it's a dead end, however, and your problem has another cause. [shrugs] So I dunno.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click on the audio track and...Hey Presto! There it is. :P

You might want to go into more detail on your procedure. Is this your first attempt at backing up a Blu-Ray? Also, do you have adequate storage space, etc. And which movie? It might help, as someone else on this site may be better able to advise you. Good luck.

[EDIT] Your player is mentioned in this Doom9 thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144674

Supposedly it will play movie only on BD 5/9. There may be some more info on it further into the thread, but I haven't re-read that *long* thread with an eye to the BDP-1400. I suspect it's a dead end, however, and your problem has another cause. [shrugs] So I dunno.
    Yes, this is my first time backing up Blu-rays. So far I think am doing an ok job at backing up my Blu-rays, except for the audio delay issues. The movie I am trying to backup is "BULLITT".

I am on my way to a local MICRO CENTER to purchase the needed video card. Oh..I almost forgot, I have a brand new PC with 600G of HHD space.....

I will get back to you with results....Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok...Things I've tried:

I believe I am having success so far with "Blu-Ray Backup Guide (by milOtis)". I was able to shrink the movie with BD-rebuilder and burn it to a -R DVD, but the issues I am having is that the audio is playing way too far ahead of the video. I used MPCHC to adjust the audio delay in "Audio Switchers", but it seems to only correct the part of the movie that I am adjusting and the rest of the movie remains impaired. I was able to implement the time shift settings from MPCHC, and input them into tSmuxer, but I'm still having the same audio problems.

What could I possibly be doing wrong. I feel like I am so close to correcting this problem, but I've been shrinking and troubleshooting for many days now and I can't get this resolved. Can someone please advise me on what to do or try next?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Okay, here goes:

1) Re-install ffdshow and Haali splitter and reboot. The reason I say this is personal experience; after trying out and uninstalling a few BD backup programs, they got buggered somehow. Did you install/uninstall any programs lately? And I sincerely hope you don't have some mega codec pack installed.

2) You still haven't provided specific info on your procedure, but say you followed Milotis' guide. Okay, try this: In AnyDVDHD under Blu-Ray options, uncheck everything except enable Blu-Ray support. Do *NOT* rip to image. The reason? Some time ago, a member had trouble with a disc, I think it was "Pearl Harbor", and ripping to files with only Blu-Ray support enabled fixed the problem. (Credit goes to mrswla).

Some people have had obscure problems with DaemonTools, also problems enabling too many options in ANYDVDHD. But it doesn't apply to all movies or all computers. Others said they did all the things not recommended and it worked fine. A mystery. [shrugs]

3) Your choice, open the ripped FILES with BDRB and have a go.

*OR*

Don't rip, open directly with tsMuxer. Choose the *.mpls corresponding to the main movie *.m2ts, uncheck all but one audio stream and one *.pgs (subs) stream. Mux it, fingers crossed.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's my update:

For some reason I cannot open the Bluray files unless I save it as a full iso. backup file on my HDD. -Anyway, to make the long story short, I used the .iso file with tsmuxer and I followed the steps you provided above, and I have no problems viewing the movie and the audio/video is perfect. When I use BD-rebuilder to shrink the files I muxed with TsMuxer, the problem with the delayed audio started up again. I am starting to believe that there is a possible issue with BD-rebuilder shrinking this movie. Is there another shrink program that I may try?

I just followed the instructions you provided above by enableing only the "Blu-Ray support" option in settings for AnyDVDHD. I started the BD-rebuilder so I guess I'll update you when its completed in 10 hours. One more question, in BD-rebuilder, is there anything that should be checked/unchecked in settings?

Again,
    Thank you for your valued support!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by titot4u
    First of all, I am sorry if I posted in the wrong section of the forums and Thank you for the quick response.....

Unfortunately, I have not purchased a video card for my PC yet, therefore I cannot play any bluray disc on my PC for testing with "Total Media Player". I did use the BD rebuilder as per the "Blu-Ray Backup Guide (by milOtis)" instructions, and I had also patched the final shrunken file created with BD rebuilder with AVCHD. Is the patching with AVCHD OK this way, or do you suggested another way to use AVCHD?

Thanks again.
    Not all IGP solutions are inadequate for blu ray playback, my daughters PC has a Asus m-atx mobo w/ a 760G chipset, AMD 6000+ cpu, and ATI HD3000 IGP graphics and it plays blu rays smoothly

ps. I downloaded and installed the latest Catalyst driver after the one Windows 7 installed playback was jerky

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131376

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by titot4u
    For some reason I cannot open the Bluray files unless I save it as a full iso. backup file on my HDD.
    Huh? To be really precise, you don't actually "rip" with AnyDVDHD at all. The disc is decrypted at the driver level. You SHOULD be able to simply copy the files using Explorer.

But at least you can get a properly synced file using tsMuxer, which is progress. As to BDRB, try an earlier version. And did you or did you not re-install ffdshow and Haali? Uninstall and reinstall AnyDVDHD while you're at it, something's not right with it.

There are also these Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray programs you can try: RipBot and AVCHDCoder. RipBot I have used with success, though it is slower than BDRB. AVCHDCoder I gave up on, but it was an early version of it, actually probably was the first version. Uninstalling it and a couple other programs stuffed up Haali/ffdshow.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the first thing I did was remove Haali/ffdshow and re-installed it.

Yes.. the only way I can view the files on the orginal Blu-ray disk is by ripping it to my HDD with AnyDVDHD and reading it as an .iso file. Yes...I must admit, it is kinda strange. I am going re-install AnyDVD and try an earlier version of BD-rebuilder like you suggested.

Please be patient and don't give up on me yet!! .....Sooner or later, somethings GOT TO GIVE!!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For some reason I cannot open the Bluray files unless I save it as a full iso. backup file on my HDD.
    Huh? To be really precise, you don't actually "rip" with AnyDVDHD at all. The disc is decrypted at the driver level. You SHOULD be able to simply copy the files using Explorer.

But at least you can get a properly synced file using tsMuxer, which is progress. As to BDRB, try an earlier version. And did you or did you not re-install ffdshow and Haali? Uninstall and reinstall AnyDVDHD while you're at it, something's not right with it.

There are also these Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray programs you can try: RipBot and AVCHDCoder. RipBot I have used with success, though it is slower than BDRB. AVCHDCoder I gave up on, but it was an early version of it, actually probably was the first version. Uninstalling it and a couple other programs stuffed up Haali/ffdshow.
    Actually AnyDVD HD has a intergrated ripper (iso\folder), but I prefer to let it just do the decrypting while TsMuxer does the remuxing

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    Quote Quote  
  16. Well, I maintain that it's not the same as other decrypters, it's removing the encryption at driver level. (DVD43 is the only one I know of that works similarly). You can copy or work straight from disc. I just did one that way, letting AnyDVDHD scan the disc, and copying all files with Explorer. Makes no difference in time required as far as I can tell.

Yeah one can call it a "ripper", but there is a useful distinction there.

[EDIT] There's a new version of BDRB just posted. The change-log mentions codec configuration fixes among other things.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [EDIT] There's a new version of BDRB just posted. The change-log mentions codec configuration fixes among other things.
    Thanks for the heads up on the update....

Question: Can you guide me on how to shrink only 10 minutes of the movie so I can try various methods instead of wasting an entire day waiting for the movie to shrink and to learn later that what I tried didn't work? This would be very helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I maintain that it's not the same as other decrypters, it's removing the encryption at driver level. (DVD43 is the only one I know of that works similarly). You can copy or work straight from disc. I just did one that way, letting AnyDVDHD scan the disc, and copying all files with Explorer. Makes no difference in time required as far as I can tell.

Yeah one can call it a "ripper", but there is a useful distinction there.

I don't "call it" a ripper, AnyDVD HD has a feature called "AnyDVD Ripper", and another called "AnyDVD Image Ripper" by Slysoft that markets the software

I do agree it is the best decrypter

And about time difference, if you copy a movie w/ Explorer you copy the whole disc, if you copy w/ TsMuxer it is much quicker when you copy just the main movie w/ just the audio and subtitles you want as well as having a much smaller file size w/ out loss of quality

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by ocgw
    And about time difference, if you copy a movie w/ Explorer you copy the whole disc, if you copy w/ TsMuxer it is much quicker when you copy just the main movie w/ just the audio and subtitles you want as well as having a much smaller file size w/ out loss of quality
    Certainly you can. I often do it that way.

@titot4u:

You can cut out a clip from the *.m2ts with tsSniper. In Settings -> Direct Show, change preferred splitter from automatic (default) to "Haali Media Splitter AR". When selecting the *.m2ts in tsSniper, change file type from "TS" to "All Files", then you can see the *.m2ts to make the selection. Clear the right-hand selection pane. Use "Scene Mode" and set mark in and mark out points and add to right pane. Export the clip. Mux to Blu-Ray with tsMuxer. I suppose you could force BDRB to re-encode by entering a custom size.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ocgw
    Certainly you can. I often do it that way.

@titot4u:

You can cut out a clip from the *.m2ts with tsSniper. In Settings -> Direct Show, change preferred splitter from automatic (default) to "Haali Media Splitter AR". When selecting the *.m2ts in tsSniper, change file type from "TS" to "All Files", then you can see the *.m2ts to make the selection. Clear the right-hand selection pane. Use "Scene Mode" and set mark in and mark out points and add to right pane. Export the clip. Mux to Blu-Ray with tsMuxer. I suppose you could force BDRB to re-encode by entering a custom size.

This procedure does not work. I followed the instructions and I keep getting unsupported file format error.
    Quote Quote  
  21. It works. I use tsSniper and that procedure several times a week for HD captures, and occasionally to extract Blu-Ray clips.

Your computer, however, is screwed somewhere. Seriously. You sure you haven't at some time installed an ultra super all-destroying codec pack? All I can think of at the moment.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It works.

Your computer, however, is screwed somewhere. Seriously. You sure you haven't at some time installed an ultra super all-destroying codec pack? All I can think of at the moment.
    My computer is brand new running XP SP3. The only possible codecs that maybe installed on my PC are probably the ones I installed from the Plextor Blueray drive I just purchased. Other than that, my PC has never seen codecs besides the ones I recently installed from here. Maybe I should erase all video/audio files and codecs and start over again.

Is there anyway for me to find out if I have any of those super all-destroying codec packs before I go nutts deleting files etc.?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Nah, sorry. If you didn't install one, then no. But it's pretty common for novices to do so, and it causes trouble, sometimes to the point that a format/re-install of the OS is the only solution.

Well I'm stumped at the moment. :P Anyone with an idea, jump right in.

How about you put Bullitt aside for a while and see if you can back up another movie?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I agree......I left "Transformer" in the BD-builder before coming to work this afternoon. Hopefully when I get home tonight, I have different results.

I am definitely going to try and remove most of the codecs and re-install them. I can't believe I am not able to use TsSniper...That could be a very useful tool for me if I can get it to work.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Oh, do be careful about removing codecs. I suggest you try CodecSniper. If it shows you have any "broken" codecs, post a screen shot here before deleting them.

[EDIT] Have patience, you'll sort this out eventually. Remember, we're in the early beta-tester stage of Blu-Ray backups. BDRB is beta software, there have been numerous updates this past year, each version fixes some things, and sometimes breaks other things. Same goes for x264 and ffdshow, many updates, sometimes weekly.

As to the tsSniper issue, it may be that you need to double-check your configuration. "Haali Media Splitter AR" is the Direct Show setting you need. In ffdshow, the h.264 decoder should be ffmpeg-mt (multi-thread).
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With tsSniper, I followed your instructions above with a .ts file and .2mts file and I kept getting the dreaded "unsupported file format error" message.

I will definitley post a screen pic when I get home tonight so you can see what I'm referring to.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With tsSniper, I followed your instructions above with a .ts file and .2mts file and I kept getting the dreaded "unsupported file format error" message.

I will definitley post a screen pic when I get home tonight so you can see what I'm referring to.
    Try TsSplitter

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just an update for you guys: I tossed the "BULLITT" movie to the side and I tried "TRANSFORMERS", and everything worked perfect without a glitch.

In AnyDVDHD under Blu-Ray options, uncheck everything except enable Blu-Ray support.
    fritzi93 - I am still having problems trying to get TsSniper to read my .ts files even after I configured the settings as you requested. I will definitely use the codecsniper sometime tonight or tomorrow and post some pics so that you guys can help me determine which codecs to trash or keep. Also, I unchecked everything except enable Blu-Ray support in AnyDVDHD like you recommended above, and so far I believed it helped because I was able to finally backup a movie with no glitches etc. I had also upgraded to the new ffdshow so who knows where the real problem was or is?

Originally Posted by ocgw
    [TsSplitter[/url]
    ocgw - Thanks for suggesting the TsSplitter. I used it at it works like a charm.

I really appreciate you guys for the support and helping me as a newbie. I do not know what I would've done without you ...THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH!!!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by titot4u
    ... who knows where the real problem was or is?
    No one evidently. :P Or at least they're not saying.

It wouldn't hurt for you to do some regular maintenance.
    I.E. run CCleaner (free) including the registry cleaner option, also defrag and Start -> Run: sfc /scannow to make certain your system files are okay.

Not that I expect it to solve anything, but hey it won't hurt. And if I were you I'd get another hard drive to do ripping and editing on. Doing that on your "C" drive is less than ideal.

Anyway, good on ya.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  30. In reference to your other thread on BDRB...good catch.

Now that you have the WMP11 VC-1 codec and have disabled VC-1 decoding in ffdshow, how about you try "Bullitt" again.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote