VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to stream Live TV over a netwotk to 4 or 5 PC's. I've seen the very useful guided on this site but i think i've bought the wrong card!

The card i purchased is a Kworld Plus TV PE355-2T Dual DVB-T PCI-Express card. but am having no luck with getting it to work with any of the suggested streaming software.

Could anyone recommend a card thats capable of doing the network streaming this got a budget upto £60.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    WHat tools have you tried? I would tyr VLC Media PLayer and JTVLAN. They should work with most dvb cards.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick

thanks for your quick reply!

I've followed your guide using the Windows media 9 encoder pack - the unreal media stream VLC and star media serverbut i've had no luck at all. The card isn't seen by any of the software. i know the card is installed properly as i've benn watching tv on it!

The card is capable of recording to Hard Drive using the software that came with it - Arcsoft TotalMedia.

Ive not tried JTVLAN software though.

The card only has a tv in and no TV out does this make any difference?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried the JTVLAN software and am still having no luck.

can you recommend a card that would do the job streaming with the windows media player 9 encoder??

thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's something else > Streaming dvb

Ive already tried it with the Fission twin dvb-t (sold via aldi's in au) ... google search error = alt-dev_bda2driver.rar (follow the readme) and was up and running

Almost forgot the link I got that rar archive from > here ... tested with avast, clean / no password.

Incase some ask ... this archive is for ALTDVB
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi BJ's thanksa for the link but i cant seem to find the version of the ALTDVB software the article is refering to (Version 2) the Altdvb website has been suspended so i cant get to download anything from there.

the 2.2 version didnt seem to have the network srv files that it refered too

Think i'll have to bite the bullet and get a new card - anyone recommend a Capture card that i can use to stream live TV to 4 or 5 PC's running XP?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    been recommended this:

hauppauge - WinTV HVR-1300 PCI DVB-T Receiver / Analogue TV Tuner / Video Input Adapter

do you thimk it will do the job??
    Quote Quote