VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    First off let me thank all of those who helped me with the Dark Shadow settings a while back.

Now I have a new conundrum...

I'm trying to convert McHale's Navy and when I first tried it out I got a 700MB avi for a 25 minute clip, roughly around a 2700 bitrate. I was looking for anywhere between 925 to 1025.

Here is my avs script that I used. I was trying out Neat Video for a denoiser and can someone tell what I did wrong?

import("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\functions\AudioFunctions.avs")
    import("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\functions\ VideoFunctions.avs")
    loadplugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\apps\DGMPGDec\DGDecode.dll")
    loadplugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\Ni cAudio.dll")
    loadplugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\TI VTC.dll")
    loadplugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\Co lorMatrix.dll")

video = MPEG2Source("D:\mchals navy\MCHALES_D1\MCHALES_D1.index\MCHALES_D1_T01.d2 v",cpu=0,info=3)
    audio = NicAC3Source("D:\mchals navy\MCHALES_D1\MCHALES_D1.index\MCHALES_D1_T01 T80 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -113ms.ac3")
    AudioDub(video, audio)

DelayAudio(-0.113)
    AutoYV12()
    ColorMatrix(hints=true,interlaced=true)
    TFM(order=1).TDecimate(hybrid=1)
    ColorYUV(off_y=-14)

#plugin_files
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\Re moveGrain.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\Re pair.dll")
    LoadVirtualDubPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\Ne atVideo (DVD) 2.0.vdf", "Neat_DVD", 0)
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\Ma skTools.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\Wa rpSharp.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\MT .dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\mt _masktools-25.dll")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\Li mitedSharpenFaster Mod.avs")
    ConvertToRGB32()
    Neat_DVD()
    ConvertToYV12()
    setmtmode(2,2)
    LSFmod(defaults="slow")

Crop(6, 0, -10, -0)
    Lanczos4Resize(640, 480)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by craigarta
    I'm trying to convert McHale's Navy and when I first tried it out I got a 700MB avi for a 25 minute clip, roughly around a 2700 bitrate. I was looking for anywhere between 925 to 1025.
    Looking for what between 925 and 1100? A bitrate? That has nothing to do with your script but rather your XviD settings. If running 2 passes, set the bitrate to whatever you like. If running a 1-pass for a chosen quant, you have no control over the final bitrate. Raise the quant for a smaller final size. If running single passes and you want the size to be smaller, remove the LSFMod line from your script and use lower bitrate MP3 audio rather than the source AC3 audio.

You don't need AutoYV12 as it's already YV12. Actually I have no idea what AutoYV12 is or does, but it just sounds like it's not needed. You don't need the ColorMatrix filter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wasn't really looking for a set bitrate, just hoping for one.
    OK I'll give that a shot
    Quote Quote  
  4. Something's wrong with that cut.rar link.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I figured it out
    Quote Quote