VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. It's been a long time since i have posted here but i'm posting regarding DVD Backup Software. Anyone know any good free ones that update a lot? i was using DVD Fab HD Decrypter but recently they only update every couple of months on the free version,because they are concentrating on the paid version. I have UP and i can't back it up,and i have tried DVD Decrypter,and some program called Smith DVD as well,and none of them will copy. If anyone has any advice,please reply. I don't want to pay 50 bucks for a paid version,so i'll take any advice right now. Thanks again.

2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You are the second person i have seen say this in the last couple of weeks.

Where do you get that idea from ?

Because the last time it was updated for star trek 2009, both the paid version and free version were updated

Besides, it is actually the same program i thought ?

You just don't get to use anything besides the ripping part if you dont pay for the whole thing, so the copy protection is the same as the ripper is the same.

You just cant use it to convert to other formats, transcode, ect.

3. well all i'm saying is in the last couple of weeks DVD Fab said that they are ficusing on the paid version. the free one will update too but probably like 8 weeks after the paid version. I can't afford 50 bucks so what ekse can i do? usually i use Free Fab to decrypt,Shrink to shink to 4.7 gig,then Decrypter to burn. Anyway,if anyone has any ideas,help. I need it desperately.

4. I can't afford 50 bucks so what ekse can i do?
    How about buying another copy?

5. as i said i can't afford 50 bucks. I've always had the free version and i'd like to keep it that way.

6. I mean buy another copy of the movie...you own one already don't you?
    $15 vs $50 .....hmmm.

7. there's nothing wrong with the DVD,so why get another one? the software simply can;t support UP.

8. Download DVDFab 6.2.0.2 Beta (November 9, 2009)
    http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

I just download that version and I make a copy of Movie "UP" Run perfect...
    http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php?s=2dc97154de45596b459e289476b52ba0&p=7430&postcount=5

9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Bamahusker, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz

Search PM
    You must admit though....DVDFab has always been a bit confusing....especially to newbies and occasionally to old farts like me.

11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I can not figure out what is wrong with everyone & all these post's about the "free" version not being updated, ect.

I just DLed 6125 & 6202Beta, installed & uninstalled them in order of version #, tested them, and they both work fine

The free ripping function is there.

As i stated before, the & free version are both in the SAME piece of software so the ripping portion is updated the same as the pay version.

All you are doing is paying for the EXTRA options & features when you buy it.

I thought maybe they changed something because i have not updated in a few versions but nothing has realy changed.

12. first of all i was being descriptive,but i'll let it go. anyway,the most recent version of DVD Fab Decrypter gives me an error saying i need to renew it,like i paid for it and i'm using a free version. They now only support the free version occasionally and the paid version a lot. The message board there tells the story. I had to go back to the last beta to fix the "renew" message,but UP still won't work on it. DVD Decrypter,DVD Shrink,Smith DVD,and even IMG Burn does not copy. I'm running out of options and i'd like to have something that is free,that will work on UP. Thanks.

Search PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    I can not figure out what is wrong with everyone & all these post's about the "free" version not being updated, ect.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic375167.html#2020296

According to the changelog 6.1.2.5 should have ripped transformers 2. It wouldn't work with the freeware version of 6.1.2.5. I got this message.

I had to download the trial of anydvd to backup transformers 2 because there is no way I'm letting my 4 and 8 yearolds near my original copy.

DVDfab is only updating the protections for freeware ripping every 60 days or so. Confusing I know.

edit here is info reguarding the change
    http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=879

DVDFab HD Decrypter will continue to receive immediate bug fixes, and new protection removal will be updated generally within 30-60 days of initial release to registered users. Thank you for understanding this new policy and we hope you will continue to use and enjoy DVDFab products.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")

14. Originally Posted by Noahtuck

I thought maybe they changed something because i have not updated in a few versions but nothing has realy changed.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic375013.html#2019227
    Originally Posted by stiltman

Originally Posted by fengtao [url=https://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVDFab
    DVDFab[/url] Architect]DVDFab HD Decrypter will continue to receive immediate bug fixes, and new protection removal will be updated generally within 30-60 days of initial release to registered users. Thank you for understanding this new policy and we hope you will continue to use and enjoy DVDFab products.
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.

15. the most recent version of DVD Fab "6.1.2.5" it says i need to renew DVD to DVD or dowmload the recent version. this is a glitch however. Oh well. guess i'll never find a new backup software

16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bamahusker
    the most recent version of DVD Fab "6.1.2.5" it says i need to renew DVD to DVD or dowmload the recent version. this is a glitch however. Oh well. guess i'll never find a new backup software
    DVDfab and ANyDVD are the only dvd rippers that get updated regular against newer protections. The free DVD43 can also rip but isn't updated so frequently.

17. problem is AnyDVD is a paid program. $55.00 is kinda pricey.

Search PM
    Wait 30 to 60 days for a new version and you will be able to back up your disc. Not really good though if you are like me and have kids that like to destroy dics.

Looks like the option is to either wait a couple of months to buy new movies so that the protections will then be added to the free version of dvdfab or pony up for the full version. Personally I'm considering buying a license to anydvd.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")

19. Obviously, they're trying to get more people to register. If it's so important to you to back up today you'll have to pay up. Or just wait a few months for the free update.

20. well maybe but they should still update the free at the same time. but oh well.

21. Originally Posted by Bamahusker
    they should still update the free at the same time.
    Why? Do they owe you something?

22. yeah software that updates and lets me copy recent DVD's. they owe all of us that,

23. What have you done for them? Why don't you write the software and give to all of us for free?

24. because i don't know how to write software. there has to be updated software that will support UP for free.

25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic375013.html#2019227

Originally Posted by fengtao [url=https://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVDFab
    DVDFab[/url] Architect]DVDFab HD Decrypter will continue to receive immediate bug fixes, and new protection removal will be updated generally within 30-60 days of initial release to registered users. Thank you for understanding this new policy and we hope you will continue to use and enjoy DVDFab products.
    Okay well that kind of blows, but i still don't see how that has anything to do with the free version being updated at a later time and the paid version being updated right away ?

It's the SAME software, you just pay to unlock other options like transcoding, converting to other formats, ect.
    The ripper is the same regardless if it is paid for or not.

@ freebird73717
    Yeah i also thought Transformers 2 was already addressed in a previous version ?

Originally Posted by Bamahusker
    yeah software that updates and lets me copy recent DVD's. they owe all of us that,
    Good luck with that.....

Well hell!!!!!!
    They owe me at LEAST a new Lamborghini!!

26. Noahtuck,the difference is UP will copy fine in the paid version,but it won't support it in the free version for a long time,so i am screwed.

27. Originally Posted by Bamahusker
    Noahtuck,the difference is UP will copy fine in the paid version,but it won't support it in the free version for a long time,so i am screwed.
    So pay for the full version or buy another copy of the movie.....$50 vs $15.
    BTW: their website has been extremely slow the past two days.

28. oh and noahtuck,so what you are saying is there are no such thing as DVD copy software,and that it's been all in our minds? good luck with that as well lol. the fact that people are nice enough to do free stuff like this,lets us know that there are free software out there,so if they want to do a paid version,but do a free version as well,then both should update equally.

29. yeah 50 bucks plus another DVD plus groceries plus...vs. one DVD. cheaper? i'll take that road