VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I burned a DVD from .vob files. When I pop it in my DVD player, there is an intro screen and menu but the image is rolling from top to bottom - not a stable image. I have encountered this problem for some burns in the past and just chucked the dvd.

Anyone know what the problem is here and is there a workaround?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A pal DVD? and your dvd player or tv just supports NTSC.

How did you make the dvd? downloaded?
    Does it look okey on your computer if you use a software dvd player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes I think the DVD is PAL. I did some research on scrolling / flipping image and it turns out that a PAL dvd played on an NTSC player will both scroll and be in black and white. Luckily I have another, dual-format player and I'm watching the film now.

It's "The Man Who Knew Too Much" (1956 version) directed by Hitchcock and it's very good! I recommend this film to you, good sir.

Thanks for your reply.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There MAY (heavy emphasis on that word) be a workaround for your first player. Check the setup on your DVD player and see if the video output can be changed from MULTI or ANY to NTSC. That will fix the problem. If your first DVD player does not have any video output option then it lacks the ability to convert PAL video to NTSC output and you can't watch PAL DVDs ever on it.
    Quote Quote