VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone, i am very new to this. Sorry if i should post this in another topic, but i really need help.

My problem is: i downloaded a video (51 min long) and i cut it to parts with wmm. Then i opened each part with subtitle workshop and i added subs to it (i created the whole subs by myself, its a translation i made). Then i saved the video with the sub file in a file containing those 2 files (the subs are in .srt format). I did the same thing for the other parts as well. Now i want to open my video file with any program or i want to post the video somewhere but i cant add the subs. I tried avidemux, media subtitler, divxland, vobsub and other programs but nothing happen. The system cant "read" my subs and when it does the size is improper to the video size.

Please help cause i'm gonna tear the whole place down with this thing.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    To change the size in a srt you must change it in the decoder, like in vobsub / vsfilter you change it the settings and then you just name the video and subtitle like video.avi and video.srt and it should work when you play it with wmp.

Or if you want to hardcode the srt to the video try avidemux, load the avi, set the video to mpeg-4 asp xvid, under Video->Filters->Subtitle and double click on Subtitles and load your srt and change font(load from windows\fonts) and set the size.

If that doesn't work you can also use virtualdub with subtitle filter or avisynth with subtitle filter. GOOGLE and you will find guides.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Think i tried those things before with no results. I'll check again though. Thanks for the aply.

By the way, what is "hardcode"? Means that i permanently "burn" the subs in the video and i cant switch them off?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok using avidemux again, i load the sub file from my hard drive and it says: cannot identify subtitle format. The sub file i am loading is .srt file and has the icon from s.worskshop.!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried playing the video and subtitles with VLC?

Yes, "hardcode" means to permanently burn the subtitles in the video.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I did. It plays normally but the subs are messed a little. For example using s.workshop i wrote all the subs so that they appear in 2 lines maximum, in vlc it has 3 0r 4 lines.

Now, using avidemux i have this: when i upload the whole video with the subs (they are in differend folder) it plays normally but again the subs are not as they are in the .srt format. When i upload the "part 3" with the .srt file, it cannot read the subs file. So i guess the solution is to to the first thing and then break it in pieces.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sorry for flooding but i really need help, guys. Ok some problems were solved, the only problem now is that when i use media subtitler i can change the font and style of the subs. I press "preview" and i can tell the difference there. After that, i open virtualdub and in the preview show (after doing all the necessary with subtitles and filters) the subs are exactly the same no matter what how i change them in the media subtitler. And when i save the video file, i open the saved file and i have no subs at all. This thing is driving me crazy. What am i doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could use VSO ConvertXtoDVD to make a DVD from the video + subtitle track. Just make sure the subtitile track has the same name as the video and VSO will pick it up. WMP or VLC will play a DVD authored collection with or without subs.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have all the parts of the video in the same folder and the sub file has the exact same name with the video. Hope will help cause i really need to end this task soon.
    Quote Quote  
  10. FINALLY, i made it! I used virtualdubmod and it worked just perfect! Thanks for the advices. I really appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must choose a video compression if you don't want to get it 20GB, under video -> compression choose xvid codec (install it if it's not there) and under the configuration you can adjust the quality setting or bitrate to get the size you want.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I added subs to a video with virtual dubmod. I followed all the instructions like this: video---filters and full compression mode. Then "save as avi" and saved my new video with subs but the size is 20 gb.
    Quote Quote