VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD shrink worked fine on earlier xp. Now with sp3, none of the versions I have will show a visible window. I tried googling and trying various solutions about 6 months ago for a few hours and gave up.

Fortunately dvddecryptor works.

I am very confused on reading forum here on dvdfabricator. Is this free or pay? does it work better? What are symptom dvddecryptor isn't working? why are people prefering dvdfab over any Dvd.

I ultimately wirelessly trans to h264 to non optical computer upstairs and on demand, so wish to only rip/decode 6to 10 dvds for quick return, and use a batch tool for conversions later and if desired.
    Love they forum and fellow poster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm not sure about your problems with dvdshrink but I can help with your questions about dvdfab.

The decrypting function of dvdfab (also known as dvdfabhddecrypter) is free. All the other functions of dvdfab you must pay for although they do offer a limited trial of something like 21 or 30 days (can't remember).

Up until recently the free decryption of dvdfab was kept up to date just like the pay version but now newer copy protections are going to be 30-60 days after release before being introduced into the free version. The latest transformers is one such example.

When trying to open transformers 2 with the latest version of dvdfabhddecrypter (6.1.2.5) a box pops up informing you that you will have to wait for a new release of dvdfab or upgrade to the pay version before you can decrypt it.

Now I'm not going to wait 30 to 60 days to back this up. My kids (8 and 4) would have the original disc destroyed by then.

I downloaded the trial version of anydvd and it ripped transformers 2 just fine. I'm seriously considering purchasing a license to anydvd as from what I can tell from post of others is that anydvd is updated faster and more often than dvdfab.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote