VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Edited a project with Sony Vegas 7.0, rendered an AVI file. Opened it in DVD Architect 4.0 to prepare and burn to a DVD. Yesterday for the first time ever I get an error message just before the burning process begins. Here it is:

CD/DVD Operation Window:

"An error occurred opening a file on the system. Make sure you have permission to access the file.

The file details are below.

'SFMMCX'-(17)
    ''-(0)
    -'TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B TS04'-(1)
    Module mmc.cpp Line 1499

Command:
    Sense: 00 00 00
    Info: 00 00 00 00
    Specific: 00 00 00
    Extra:

I've never had this error before, I just burned DVd's thru Architect 2 days prior without any issues.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I run Windows XP with service pack 3, Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz, 1G of Ram. I have Sony Vegas 7 and 9 installed as well as DVD Architect 4 and 5.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check the permissions in the properties of the video file in questions, if the permissions are okay then try running DVD Architect administrator.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I usually encode MPeg2 and AC3 assets in Vegas then just import them into DVDA. All the chapter markers transfer.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys. I'll check those. Immediately I went ahead and printed to tape and then transferred to DVD. Needed to get the project out right away. Now I'll go back and try to resolve the issue.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote