VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,

what are your experiences with ffmpegX on 10.6 so far? It seems as if there aren't many or anyone around that are successfully using ffmpegX on Snow Leopard, if at all. I'd hate to go through the clean install process (and I wouldn't go any other route than this one) only to find out that ffmpegX would be broken. As it's relying on a couple of binaries too, and ffmpegX not being updated for quite a while, I'm curious …

Thanks, Pat
    . .
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't help the notion of ffmpegX becoming obsolete, given the lack of input regarding 10.6.
    . .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Pat,
    I'm running 10.4.11 PPC at home and 10.5.8 Intel at work. It is hard to comment on something I do not have access to. I am curious about 10.6 user's experiences, too.
    I expect ffmpegX to run okay for the most part, the binaries included. No so sure about ffmpegX's optional interaction with QuickTime, but perhaps it will work just fine or only need a few tweaks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Case. I think I read here about AppleScript errors occurring. What's up with mayor these days? Is ffmpegX going to be continued?
    . .
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm running Snow Leopard with the latest version ffmpegX 0.0.9y and it works PLUS it is very fast.
    Have no fear of the snow.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Y'all absolutely right. No probs encountered here, so far …
    On a side note, I've had problems replacing an MP3 file in a FinalCut Pro 7 project that I could track down to some sort of problem with QuickTime X. After installing QT 7 from the Snow Leopard Install DVD, that problem was gone. I assume that there may be problems related to QT X when QT 7 isn't available in your 10.6.x installation, so check that first if you encounter codec related probs.

Thanks for your input!
    . .
    Quote Quote