VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    while i read up on scripts..what do you think is the current best gui for avisynth? is avsedit what i start with?
    Quote Quote  
  2. avsp is slightly better IMO, there is a video preview, configurable macros, programmable sliders, and a few other options
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    +1 for AvsP.
    Once you've tried it, you'll never want to use anything else.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Don't forget fitcd. For very basic scripts.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FitCD for simple resize or starter scripts if like to write them yourself.

AvsP is the best integrated environment I have seen, although I started out with AVSEdit.

Notepad. (OK, this isn't really a GUI, but you will soon find yourself using it all the time for those quick adjustments to scripts that don't warrant loading AvsP)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I usually use Notepad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AvsP has several wonderful features: function definitions that can be customised, and automatic sliders for instant feedback on parameters. Has a useful cropping editor.

For quick adjustments, VirtualDubMod lets you edit AVS (control-E) and reload and play (F5), with a few useful features like a trim editor.

I also use UltraEdit, a text editor, which can recognise Avisynth syntax and is very good for search and replace, macros, etc. Loads fast. Can launch a script directly.

To create the original script, I often use FitCD, and/or a batch script to clone scripts for similar files, customise if necessary in Ultraedit, if using configurable filters, I use AvsP.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    oh thats killer i just read this. are the latest versions ok?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all. While searching the forum boards, I came across this topic..

Anyway. I have been working on an AVIsynth NLE editor, a home project for myself, it incorporates the avisynth engine plus the (text) script, all in one window, and at the press of a button (F5 key) it refreshes similarly like virtualdubMOD's built in script editor. Over time I've been adding enhancements to it as they come to mind. Infact, one enhancement I'm working on now is a dynamic trim filter--ie function mytrim() but am having problems configuring the functions--script programming is new to me, hence my searching around for info on writing functions though finding nothing on dynamic functions, possible because it doesn't exist for avisynth..anyway, its a fun project and I work on it every so often as I have time for it, like now.

However, dispite that project, I actually still use bare bones notepad, both in w98 and xp home. Its just so user friendly and basic: you write text, save it, and open it in virtualdub. But, the key (I think) is how you balance all this on your desktop for easier work. I like to keep virtualdub on my left side screen, and then resize a notepade to its right side, and have the respective folder just under the notepade, all are flushed together as if one window, and as I make those minor adjustments/tweaks to the script, I just drag the .avs file into vdub. With this setup, I can usually juggle video projects around fairly quickly. Plus, its the only thing/method I seem to remember the longest. I can't even remember how crop() params are set, for crying out loud. Anyway. I had time to brake from my searches and thought I'd waist it on this post.

-vhelp 5301
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vhelp
    I actually still use bare bones notepad, both in w98 and xp home. Its just so user friendly and basic: you write text, save it, and open it in virtualdub.
    If you only need Notepad functionality, why not use VirtualDubMod's built in script editor.

Control-E to edit. F5 to refresh the player.
    Only issue might be that VDubMod is based off VDub 1.5.10.

VirtualDub Patch incorporates the same editor in VDub 1.78.
    Quote Quote