VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

My pc has now died after 3 years and have decided to build a new one and really want to try proper HD streaming

My internet is cable 120mb down and 10mb up unlimited usage.

i also have a dedicated Linux server used for FTP at the moment which is 1gb up unlimited

Need help to capture content from HDMI output of my camcorder which is 1080i from my home and send the live stream VIDEO AND AUDIO to the dedicated server and give a link to my family in itally, germany, brazil, australlia from the dedicated server (as is 100X faster upload) so they can watch LIVE content of special ocasions of our family using VLC or WMP or whatever.

Have no idea on what software is needed on Windows or Linux

I have read through many threads and would like to ask any pro's what setup you would recomend.

Budget is around £1500

I Was thinking :

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition
    16GB RAM
    150GB 15000RPM MAXTOR REPTOR
    Blackmagic Intensity Pro - HDMI Capture Card OR push the boat out and get the :
    Blackmagic DeckLink HD Extreme MK3
    No idea on graphics card

Any help would be appricated

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry wrong section i think
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    10 Mb/s up usually isn't fully available for sustained transfer unless you are on a guaranteed fractional ATM business line. You should run some realtime transfer tests for the real sustained uplink rate.

What kind of internet connect and computer hardware do you have in Italy, etc.?

Let's assume you can maintain 5Mb/s, that would require a real time encode from HDMI (uncompressed to an acceptable codec that can be watched real time at the other end. You should consider in camera hardware compression.

Or, is the server located on site? Why not capture direct to the server?
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. if i'm not mistaken, just capturing full 1080i hdmi requires a hard drive raid array capable of sustaining > 160MB/s that's big B as in Bytes not bits or > 1300Mb/s - not something to even consider streaming live. trying to transcode to something streamable while capturing live wouldn't be possible for a single desktop pc that i know of.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    if i'm not mistaken, just capturing full 1080i hdmi requires a hard drive raid array capable of sustaining > 160MB/s that's big B as in Bytes not bits or > 1300Mb/s - not something to even consider streaming live. trying to transcode to something streamable while capturing live wouldn't be possible for a single desktop pc that i know of.
    Higher than that for the Decklink. He would need to realtime encode to h.264, wmv, flash, etc.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by niceluciano
    My internet is cable 120mb down and 10mb up unlimited usage.
    I don't believe you, unless you have your own dedicated line. No UK ISP even claims these as maximum possible speeds, never mind delivers them in practice!

Need help to capture content from HDMI output of my camcorder
    That's silly, you'd start with the HDV output (if an HDV cam), not HDMI. The tiny quality difference won't be visible on any format you can stream in real time.

itally, germany, brazil, australlia
    Something people are willing to watch live in 3 different times zones - what on earth are your "special occasions"?!

Windows Media Encoder (free from Microsoft) has a wizard to set up live video broadcasts. Try making it work with SD DV first!

1:1 (not 1:many) HD streaming is very easy using a Sling box - but the uplink speed limit imposed by your ISP or ADSL usually prevents HD from working outside your own house for most people.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote