VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello All. My first post on this interesting site - I look forward to learning from everyone!
    I recently bought Sony Vegas Studio 9 Platinum. My first small project went OK - audio and video was all OK in the final rendered output. But now I have attempted my second project. Source material is video footage from my Sony HDR-XR520 camera in HiDef and a couple of audio tracks that were bought on iTunes (AAC audio file). The .vf file in Vegas looks and sounds fine after all the content was assembled. But after rendering it the video looks great, but there is zero on the audio. I re-performed the render, checking that the audio source file is correctly pointing to the ac3 audio file. It is.
    After the render on the second attempt, again the video is fine. But still no audio. I tried clicking on the audio file in the directory, but couldn't hear audio there either.
    As a newby, my tech knowledge is low, so I'd appreciate any advice in laymans terms as to what might be the cause of the lack of audio on the final rendered output in Vegas 9.0.
    Thanks, David
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does Vegas import AC3 ?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you look to see what template you are using? Not all of them render audio, some are video only. If you use a video only template you will also need to check advanced render and render ac3 then use something like tsmuxer to to combine the two.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It might be that tracks bought from itunes are usually copy protected and giving you issues

IIRC, the studio version has issues with AC3 audio, unless it is wrapped (packaged) in a transport stream
    Quote Quote