VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Normally I just burn my divx/xvid files to a cd and just use my stand-alone players "explorer" like interface to choose my titles. I recently used DivxMediaBuilder to add a menu, chapters, and subtitles and everything seems to have gone perfect. The resulting .divx plays fine using Divx Player 7 on my PC, menus work and all. However when I burn the .divx file put the disc in my stand-alone player I just see the .divx file in the same explorer like window, no menu. Also the chapters do not work. The susbtitles do work but thats about it. My stand-alone is a Philips DVP5140. What am I missing? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you need divx ultra certified player
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My player has the Divx Ultra logo on it. Doesn't that mean it is Divx Ultra certified?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you use DivxMux? It's not a Divx Ultra file until all the assets have been muxed into a single file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used DivxMediaBuilder which combined all my .avi's and srt's into a single .divx with a menu. DivxMediaBuilder DOES use divxmux.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I wasn't sure if DivxMediaBuilder automatically muxed all the data. I guess it does. Just to be sure, copy the .divx file to a folder all by itself on the computer. Do all the features (menus, chapters, subs) still work?

The Philips DVP5140 does claim to be Divx Ultra certified so all those features should work. The file is named .divx, not .avi, right?

You could also try each of the features alone to see if you can narrow down the problem. For example, make a .divx file with just a video with menus. See if that works. Then try just a video with chapters. See if that works. If both work try combining the two and see if that plays properly. Etc.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe DivxMediaBuilder (which is in beta, by the way) simply doesn't generate the correct output for Divx Ultra certified players. I've never used it, but the only tool I've ever heard of that works for this purpose is something that TMPGenc makes and it's not freeware.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    copy the .divx file to a folder all by itself on the computer. Do all the features (menus, chapters, subs) still work?
    Yes

You could also try each of the features alone to see if you can narrow down the problem.
    I'll give that a try.

the only tool I've ever heard of that works for this purpose is something that TMPGenc makes and it's not freeware.
    I would love to use TDA3 or TAW4 but they both insist on re-encoding my files even though they are already divx and play fine on the standalone.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marioval

the only tool I've ever heard of that works for this purpose is something that TMPGenc makes and it's not freeware.
    I would love to use TDA3 or TAW4 but they both insist on re-encoding my files even though they are already divx and play fine on the standalone.
    Now I remember others saying the same thing. You might search to see if anyone found a fix for that.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    Originally Posted by marioval

Now I remember others saying the same thing. You might search to see if anyone found a fix for that.
    There is no fix. The Smart Rendering in TDA and TAW only applies to DVD Authoring. Authoring DIVX will always re-encode, it's how the program is designed.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the DVP-5140 also an the EASIEST and FASTEST (by far) way to add srt or idx/sub subtitles is with AVIAddXSubs - no re-encoding.

Code:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/software/AVIAddXSubs.html
    No menus or chapters but - incredibly consistent.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually with this player all you have to do is put the .srt and the video in the same folder with the same name and it will show up without doing anything.... I was trying to do a full divx authoring with menu, chapters, subs which is different.
    Quote Quote