VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems like such a basic question, yet I haven't been able to figure out the answer despite there being this entire wonderful forum for subtitles.

Here's my question...You know those 'Hitler' parody videos that are all over youtube..? well yes I know that fad has faded, but let's just say that my audience doesn't care how played out it is so I'm trying to make my own. I was under the impression that I could use 'subs factory' on my mac but apparently I missed the point of that software....so...I have got the original clip of the video needed, in both flv and mp4 format....what are my next steps if I want to make a video, with subtitles, that will upload to youtube? Everyone and their mother has done it so it can't be rocket science....right?

I'd prefer to use to my mac (with mac software) but since I plan on making ONE video....ever, I would prefer free software so if there are more options for windows software, I can use my PC....basically, I just want to join in the infantile fun and would appreciate some help as to what steps to take....

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube doesn't support subtitles, AFAIK. All you need is an editor, such as iMovie, that allows you to add titles (text) over the video. Add the titles to the video, encode the new version with the text, then upload it to youtube.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Well, you can add switchable captions to your uploaded video, see http://www.youtube.com/t/captions_about
    Quote Quote