VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I may have a potential problem with my HDD. I was advised to use active disk monitor. I also downloaded HDD health. Active says my health status is 77% and HDD health says it is 98%. Where do they get these numbers?

Thanks for any replies.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    best to go to your mfg's site and use their software to determine your HDD's status
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Willy5157
    I may have a potential problem with my HDD. I was advised to use active disk monitor. I also downloaded HDD health. Active says my health status is 77% and HDD health says it is 98%. Where do they get these numbers?

Thanks for any replies.
    What symptoms that you are experiencing w/ your HDD?

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was constantly getting the BSOD after the PC booted for only a couple of minutes. I wound up having to format and restore to factory settings a couple of days ago. Bjs advised downloading disk monitor to check the drive's health. I have not had any problems since re-formatting but want to monitor for future problems.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Willy5157
    I was constantly getting the BSOD after the PC booted for only a couple of minutes. I wound up having to format and restore to factory settings a couple of days ago. Bjs advised downloading disk monitor to check the drive's health. I have not had any problems since re-formatting but want to monitor for future problems.
    I read an article for PC Techs recently explaining in great detail "ad nauseum" how these monitoring programs really don't work that good

Your PC probably just had software problems, now that you have fresh installed get all your apps, and config just like you like, and make a disk image to store off line and you don't have to worry anymore about software corruption or hardware failure

imho

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...and it's a hard
    it's a hard
    it's a hard
    it's a harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

it's a hard driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive is gonna fail

(blob dylan)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    ...and it's a hard
    it's a hard
    it's a hard
    it's a harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

it's a hard driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive is gonna fail

(blob dylan)
    http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Heart-Bob-Dylan/dp/B002MW50KO
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Forget manufacturers tools for testing hard drives ... they themselves do not work well.

Only by comparing several utilities and their reports can you gauge if the drive is questionable ... you will only truly know when the drive repeats the problem as to its correct status.

You'll find many utilities covered here
    Quote Quote