VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just recently found this program to add subtitle to an existing DVD. It’s an easy program to use, however, I cannot, not matter how I try, getting the subtitle to become white. Every time the program has completed the DVD, the subtitle is somewhat brown with red borders. This also happens when I use preferred subtitle colours.

Can someone please help me to fix the problem?

Mark
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitle colours are not absolute, they are references to a palette, and authoring programs may assume a different one.

Easiest way to adjust this is to use DVDSubedit.
    This can open an authored DVD fileset and adjust colours (as well as timing and positions) of subtitles.

Make the change, then "Edit/apply last modifications to all" to change every subtitle, and save.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK
    Subtitle colours are not absolute, they are references to a palette, and authoring programs may assume a different one.

Easiest way to adjust this is to use DVDSubedit.
    This can open an authored DVD fileset and adjust colours (as well as timing and positions) of subtitles.

Make the change, then "Edit/apply last modifications to all" to change every subtitle, and save.
    So the first thing I do is to convert a srt file to sup, then edit the file in DVDSubEdit, and then continue on in Subtitle creator?

Mark
    Quote Quote  
  4. No, you complete the DVD with the new subs added in and then when it's all done fix the colors using DVDSubEdit (or PGCEdit).
    Quote Quote