VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wrote an explanation here.
    http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=13808
    No one knew the answer (so far). Here is a paste
    I'll write and link another thread for more general help.
    Its very weird... i have a FLV file that uses FLV1 and NELL captured via stream.
    VideoPad so far is the only app that can open and convert it without crashing or getting the framerate wrong.

However my output is always terrible quality no matter the setting. Then i notice my INPUT video is horrible as well. Worse then how it looks in EVERY player i tried. Weird, how do i fix this?

Is there a way to make it use k-lite codec/FFTryOut? I install it and had it working with virtualdub (framerate problem ) and the input source is fine. Now if only i can get videopad to use the same input codec......
    Quote Quote  
  2. What does mediainfo say about the file? And what is the framerate supposed to be?

If it's FLV1 and nellymoser audio, you can enable those in the ffdshow configuration (for video and audio). You could use DirectShowSource() in avisynth to open it if you have a flv splitter installed

Some FLV's are variable frame rate. Drop the FLV onto flvextract, and read the timecodes sheet. If it's VFR, then you will have a lot of difficulty in editing it and keeping sync

What is your end goal with this file?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Media Info only tells me the Filesize -_-. With other files (non streaming/captured) it supplies actual data

FLV Extract gives me this. (It plays it back as 28min too. This isnt the same file)

etc

My Goal is to convert it to xvid. I would like to jump around and also i notice if i use a screen capture app setting it to the same resolution i can get a smaller (about 2/3 to 3/4 WITH jumping) xvid file with same or near same quality
    Quote Quote  
  4. How did you capture it? What software/What process?

Do other media players play this file fine? e.g. VLC, MPCHC, KMplayer ?

I would like to jump around and also i notice if i use a screen capture app setting it to the same resolution i can get a smaller (about 2/3 to 3/4 WITH jumping) xvid file with same or near same quality
    I have no idea what you are trying to say here?
    Quote Quote