VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, not sure if this is where this should be posted. Any help that could be given with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 3-4 minute commercial built in final cut/shake. I've resized and exported it previously for American media, but I'm faced with a new problem that's proving difficult to troubleshoot. Basically, I need to get a file over to Russia in a clear, usable format. The end media is going to be displayed on a 52" Samsung LE-52A556P1 and it will be streaming from a laptop, so no worries about dvd conversion and region coding. The clip is 1920x1080 in PAL @ 25fps.

Does anyone have any tips for what format / codec / compressor is compatible with a Russian system?

Many thanks, comrades!

Adam
    Quote Quote  
  2. If it is going to be played on a computer, there is no "compatibility" issue. The only limitation would be the playback capability of the laptop in handling hi-res clips. They got the same playback software there as we use.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Almost any encoding will suit but mpeg2 would be better than mp4, since most people in Russia use Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <-- russian

Yeah most use Windows, and formats such as Xvid/Divx with AVI/Mp4 containers are very common and are widely used.

They use Pal/Secam on their TVs, but 99% of the TVs will play all PAL/NTSC/SECAM videos as will the players.

If you need region for a DVD or something, either make it region free or make it region 5.
    Quote Quote