VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Version 3.0.0100

I tried to extract the first chapter of a title by making sure it was the only one ticked but the program continued on to extracting chapter 2. When I pressed the cancel button the program aborted the chapter 2 extraction and then continued to remove the redundant audio stream from chapter 1. The end result was what I wanted but clearly the program has a bug in the process.
    M. R. Murry
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post your log file please of this run?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see what it's attempting to do. It's trying to join the VOB-set into a single VOB file before extracting the required chapter. Cancelling then causes it to skip and use the partial VOB file created by the aborted first step. A very inefficient approach, don't you think?

I don't have the log files to hand and, frankly, I'm not that bothered - I've given up using this software. In the VERY short time I've been using it I have found it far too problematic. Even after buying the Pro version, the performance is still rubbish compared to a lot of the alternatives (probably related to the above issue), that and not being able to rely on it to correctly extract the default audio stream if there is more than one (also reported by several other users on this forum) and the fact that the resulting file size is somewhat questionable (I opened the finished MPG in Womble Video Editor, added 2 seconds of blank screen to the start and confirmed that there would be no re-encoding but the new MPG was considerably smaller!) all make it a bit of a waste of money and, more importantly, a waste of my time.
    M. R. Murry
    Quote Quote