VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    opensuse 11.0 KDE 3.59 DeVeDe 3.12

I use ffmpeg to change my .avi files to .mpg and from there i encode to .vob files using devede. I don't often use subtitles but I do have an .avi file that is in Italian with english subtitles [.srt file]

In DeVeDe when I choose which .mpg to add it shows also where I can add subtile files [I do]
    I can create a small preview and when I play it the subtitles appear. However, when I encode to the .vob files and play them the subtitles are not there.
    can anyone help me to get this right? I would like to see this video, but don't have the time or intelligence to learn Italian right now.
    Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  2. When testing for the subs are you playing the VOBs or playing the DVD? If this was done correctly and the subs made selectable, they'll only show up when playing the DVD and selecting the subs. Just double-clicking on a VOB won't cause them to show up (unless they've been 'burned' into the video, a very bad idea).

I know nothing about this DeVeDe, though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks manono
    problem solved - just as you said and a more detailed answer found in DeVeDe forum in googlegroups.
    Also I found out I had a "subtitles " button on my DVD remote I didn't know I had.
    Always in constant learning mode, maybe one day I'll grow up and be a teacher LOL
    Quote Quote  
  4. Good, glad you got it figured out. Come back when you do the next project to learn how to make the subs play by default so the only time you might need the remote would be to turn them off.
    Quote Quote