VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've never seem the option, but is it possible to do 2-pass encoding in ConvertXtodvd? because when it is converting it displays (Pass 1/1)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The current version can be switched to two pass mode by a registry hack - search the forum for the details. However it really doesn't make any real difference to the quality of the output at this stage, it just makes the encoding take twice as long. This change has been made in anticipation of proper two pass encoding in version 4. I would wait until then to turn it on, as from what I can see, any perceived quality increase in only in the eye of the beholder, and not a quantifiable increase.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I can find a hack for "Merge more files..." feature? I want to merge files with diffrent audio tracks (AC3 and LPCM). Then I try to do this, ConvertXtoDVD sais "Load Error... A Compatible files is required...". I know the best way is to convert files before to same audio format (for example to AC3). Any advice how to convert audio without changing video quality? Sorry for my questions, but I'm not a professional in DVD authoring
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is not a hack scenario. The reason you cannot merge files with different audio types is that is is against the DVD specification. All titles in a titleset must have the same audio formats. if not, they must be put into different titlesets.

If you want to merge multiple titles into a single title or single titleset you must first ensure they are all of common formats - that is they must have the same framerate, resolution and audio format (encoding, number of channels and bitrates).

If you must do this, convert the lower to higher format. It won't get better, but you won't be decreasing the quality of the higher material.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NeroVision can merge/join diffrent files before encoding. It's easy to use if I want to make a simple DVD. Actually, VSO can encode video and convert audio to format you want. But only to titleset.

Ok. Give me advise, please, if you can . What I have to do if I want to make a compilation from 15 video clips on one disc with diffrent audio formats? I really don't want to compile one disc from LPCM, second from AC3. I just need various compilation with chapters (one clip as one chapter) not with titlesets. Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Chapters exist within titles, so you would have to merge several clips into a title to get chapter type navigation. This means encoding the audio in all the clips to match. I would use DVD Flick to do this, and let it merge and re-encode audio as necessary.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote