VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have this Chinese DVD software player
    http://rapidshare.com/files/283039767/hjsetup_3500.zip
    that I have installed successfully on two Xp computers. However, on two other Xp computers, I was unsuccessful.
    When I tried to start the program that I just installed, I got the following error message. (See screenshot 1,2 and 3)
    My question is:
    1) Why couldn't I start the program on these two computers (but could start the program on two other computers)?
    2) How can I solve this problem?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    rapidshare huh?
    perhaps you should get this freeware from a more legitimate source.
    try getting it from tucows or cnet - when people put stuff on rapidshare you have no way of knowing what they've done to it first.

BTW, this free software didn't get the best reviews - apparently there are better free DVD players for your PC.
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Please just answer the 2 questions. I put the software on Rapidshare myself so that you have quick and easy access to the software, in case you want to analyze this particular problem I am having with installing this software. The original software site is in Chinese:
    http://www.haojie.cn/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could be anything - poorly written application (lots of those around), an anti-virus or anti-spyware product killing a file mod install (see that a lot nowadays as well) - I would suggest you go to the support website for the software and ask there first.

You also need to compare the XP machines that worked with the ones that didn't - are they the same ? What service packs ? What versions of .net ? What security and other patches ? All these things could make a difference.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote