VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to make my new home theater system region free! LG HT904SA anyone have the unlock code??
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There are no hacks for this player:
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/lg-ht904sa/10299
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Swith on, no disc
    Press eject
    Enter 0000 from remote
    Next screen asks for region
    Type in and press pause
    Last edited by mcbrided; 16th Aug 2010 at 00:33. Reason: Wrong first time!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I looked forever to find this hack, and it works. This is directly from the service manual for the LG HT904SA-DHP (if you have another 904 model, I recommend looking for the service manual for your exact model)
    Warning: you have to change the EEPROM. Make sure to write down the original EEPROM before making any changes!!!!
    Step 1: Turn on unit set to DVD/CD with the tray empty.
    Step 2: When unit reads 'No Disc' us the remote and press 'pause' + '1, 4, 7, 2' in that order. This should bring up a blue screen with a series of 2 digit numbers called the EEPROM
    Step 3: using the right and left arrow keys to navigate and press number buttons to adjust (press and hold 1-6 to get the characters A-F if needed), change the EEPROM to the following: F1 00 D8 29 00 81 F4 20 C5 00
    Step 4: press 'Pause' which should take you out of the EEPROM screen
    Step 5: Power off and back on again

And that's it. It should now be region free. Careful when changing the EEPROM as you can remove some functions from the unit like I did. I repeated the process and fixed everything. If you change something incorrectly, just repeat the process and change the EEPROM back to the original numbers that you should have written down. As long as you follow the EEPROM I provided (directly from the service manual), it should work for the LG HT904SA-DHP. Other models have different EEPROMS, which can mess up your unit. Make sure you find the correct EEPROM for your model!!! If you do a google search for your specific model and 'service manual', you might find it. The EEPROM info is clearly listed under 'Service Information for EEPROM'
    Happy hacking!
    Quote Quote