VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know how to make the subtitles in SC, had to dl beta since i kept getting error message about a filter not being installed.
    I admit to knowing practically zilch, but I have a dvd that I put onto my hdd. I watch the vid and also compare with a lower quality vid some one has subtitled to gett the show and hide times. If I load the vid up while making sub titles they do not show up as overlay and if they do theyre grayed out. also the color options for the subtitles in the side menu are all gray. I was making the subtitles .srt and know I can save them as .sup . Basically I am lost after making the subtitles lol as what exactly to do. There are no subtitle streams in the dvd. I am attempting to add english subs to the dvd. Since the dvd was never released with english subs. I have looked at Baldricks sticky but I must be too dense and misunderstanding what to do after I make the subs. Like do I make the subs and set thier show hide times before adding to the video? That will be easy enough for me to do, probably will take me the longest since the dvd is 2 hours long.

Sorry to ask what is probably a repeated dumb question.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you make the subs yourself you must set the time manually. Then save as sup and try the wizard mode in subtitle creator. And don't forget https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html#1778185 .
    Quote Quote