VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an ati 8500dv card in a p4 2.4ghz win xp pro system. only 256 meg ram but it's always worked. I formatted a few days ago and now last night I go to use the vcr function (mmc 7.2) and now it comes up with a message saying "some system resource required to run tv is either not available or in use by another application such as dvd or web tv. Tv will start in low performance mode." It then starts but no vcr functions are available. I am not running any other applications. I uninstalled the mmc and re-installed it and the same thing. What's the problem? I downloaded the catalyst software from the ati site this week and I am running the remote that came with it. I bought the card off e-bay but I don't have the original disc with it. It just does this out of the blue from one use to the next.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just upgraded to a newer mmc, version 9.03 and it won't run the tv either. It does a system check and says my card is not a radeon class card but the catalyst control center identifies it as a Radeon 8500 dv which it is. Is this an ati problem or something in xp? If I format the computer and re-install everything do you think this will fix it?
    Quote Quote