VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried using it TWICE over the last 3 weeks...the first time I thought it might've been some site I had just visited BEFORE I opened Videora, but now I can CONFIRM as of last night that the Videora Internet GUI Ads are full of MALWARE!!

I may have to return my PC back to factory settings after last night's scare! Really dissapointed becuase I used Videora almost exclusively for converting avi's & VOB files to MP4's for my iPod Classic, but hadn't touched it in almost 3 months....any alternate recommendations??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I agree. This is one very irritating software and it is full of SPAM. I've tried to convert some videos to MP4 for my Nokia 5800XM, but got fed up in the process (in addition, it had wrong settings for 5800XM...).

Putana, try Format Factory (it has a ready preset for Ipod) or Any Video Converter Free (both are freeware).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Winff also has ipod presets.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're absolutely right! Videora has horrible malware embedded in its ads. I always forget this since the first time I installed it, I permanently blocked the ads with PC Tools Internet Security Suite and I'm no longer plagued by them. But it still remains to be one of the best video converters paid or free on the market today.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm glad someone posted about this, because best or not, if it has anything to do with spyware / malware, it gets removed off my system, period. I'd rather go without as opposed to getting mixed up in that kind of BS. It's a shame too, because as mentioned earlier, it's a darn good converter.

I normally use handbrake for my conversion needs to mp4, but it wouldn't handle the nokie conversions for whatever reason.
    Quote Quote  
  6. give XMedia Recode a try. I use it for my HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the EVO is just a bit more tollerant of video types, sizes, etc than the Nokia line is, but couldn't hurt. I have a garmin asus android 1.6 phone that I use handbrake for the MP4s, and works nicely. Gotta love Android
    Quote Quote