VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello.

I'm new here. I have a lot of favorite music videos in .vob files and I want to make a DVD's with DVDStyler. Actually I'm using NeroVision Express but in Nero where's no possibility to create a quality menu so I choose DVDStyler. But confronted with some difficulties in audio format. I Choose AC3 48kHz output quality for all clips. Originally in single .vob's sound are perfect but after conversion sounds terribly. I think it's problem with output audio format bitrate quality. It is possible to change bitrate quality in this software? Or to leave original audio track quality? I can't find preferences for this. Or just someone can recommend better freeware DVD authoring software with audio track conversion to LPCM or AC3? I would be greatful

P.S. Sorry for my english.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use Audacity to convert and fix my audio files. Its a freebie and popular.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What bitrate did you choose for the AC3 audio ?

If the audio is already in VOB files, it should be (assuming these came from DVDs) in a DVD compliant format, and should not need any re-encoding.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    What bitrate did you choose for the AC3 audio ?

If the audio is already in VOB files, it should be (assuming these came from DVDs) in a DVD compliant format, and should not need any re-encoding.
    I can't find any settings to change AC3 audio bitrate. Yes, audio is already in VOB's, but some audio in DD5.1. I just want to convert all audio tracks to AC3 2.0 (stereo) or better to LPCM. I said, i tryed to convert to AC3 but didn't find where to choose bitrate quality in DVDStyler
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Converting to LPCM gains you nothing and eats a lot of space. It certainly will not give you better quality, and it will lower the number of videos you can put on the disc.

I would just create two title sets and put the 5.1 material in one set, and the 2.0 material int he other.

Otherwise you will have to manually convert all your 5.1 to 2.0 before authoring.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote