VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to use Vegas 9 Pro (64 bit) to import a M2TS file I ripped from a blu-ray movie. Problem is that it refuses to show the video stream (when highlighted it says "Stream attributes could not be determined"), while the audio stream imports fine. I even tried creating a dummy AVI of it using VFAPI Reader with CoreAVC installed with the same results. I'm guessing it's because CoreAVC isn't 64 bit. I've also tried demuxing the file into VC-1 and AC3 elementary streams, remuxed them in a TS container, then imported it to Vegas which also didn't work either. I haven't even considered converting to a lossless format due to the amount of space it'll take. Any suggestions? Are there any codecs I need? I don't think I can wait for a 64 bit version of CoreAVC to come out.

All I want to do simply is to be able to edit the M2TS file in Vegas.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could you open it in MediaInfo and post the details here so we can see exactly what your dealing with ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've also tried demuxing the file into VC-1 and AC3 elementary streams

CoreAVC doesn't integrate with Vegas. Vegas uses it's own decoder. Also CoreAVC doesn't work with VC-1

You can use AVS2AVI, (search for it, there is another version but the version you want is the wrapper version that works like VFAPI.) I've used this on a VC-1 blu-ray before for import into Vegas

of course , lossless intermediate is an option as well
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here are the Mediainfo details

CoreAVC doesn't integrate with Vegas. Vegas uses it's own decoder. Also CoreAVC doesn't work with VC-1
    CoreAVC + VFAPI method works on my PC with XP 32 bit. Unfortunately even a dummy AVI is too much to handle in Vegas with a Pentium D processor. I think it has something to do with the 64 bit platform I'm using on my laptop with Vista.

I'm trying to find an alternative to VFAPI and found makeavis that came with ffdshow, but have no idea how to use it. When I try to open it a DOS window opens and then closes.
    Quote Quote