VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there. I've searched all over the web, but I haven't been able to find the unlock codes to make the following DVD recorder and player region free.

Philips DVDR 3506
    Sony DAV-FC9

The code I found online for the Sony DAV-FC9 (3368) does not work on my machine.

Thanks for your help, Dan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not all machines can be hacked...plain and simple fact.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    many are not capable of being hacked to region free. especially sonys.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    To give you more details as you are probably confused as to why the Sony code doesn't work for you, manufacturers often make hardware changes during production and this will break hacks that worked in the past. So the code probably did work in the past on a model with slightly different hardware than you have now. Note also that some unlock codes only work on players sold in other parts of the world and hardware differences between North American models and other models are to blame. For all we know that code might still work on that model, but just not on the North American ones.

It's getting harder and harder every day in North America to find any DVD players that can be hacked. This is what Hollywood wants. Just a few years ago it was almost impossible to find any Philips players anywhere in the world that could not be made region free by entering a code on the remote control. Now we regularly get posts like your for some Philips models that can't be hacked.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DanSF
    Hi there. I've searched all over the web, but I haven't been able to find the unlock codes to make the following DVD recorder and player region free.

Philips DVDR 3506
    Sony DAV-FC9

The code I found online for the Sony DAV-FC9 (3368) does not work on my machine.

Thanks for your help, Dan
    try here,it may have something for you
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
    Quote Quote