VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have bought an Sony 40X4500 bravia tv. I already had an surround system of SONY pascal speakers and a Sony STR-DB1080 reciever. When I connect the blueray player SONY S360 (not my property) to my reciever (optical), I have a lipsync problem. My reciever doesn't have the function too delay the audio and I don't want to buy another one. Because I still have to buy an blueray player I would like to know if there are players with that function of delaying the audio? The reciever doesn't have hdmi.

Thanks in advance...

Patrice
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Oppo BDP-83 does. It's expensive but a great machine. You'll love it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Does the sync problem go away if connecting the audio directly from the Blu-Ray player to the HDTV? And does the TV have an optical audio out? (I'm betting it does). If yes to both the above, try the optical out from the HDTV to the receiver.

(I have the same player, Sony S-360, and am using coax spdif audio out from the HDTV to my receiver, but I have optical connections as well, just haven't got around to doing it that way. No problem with audio/video sync.)

Good luck.

BTW, one of my two HDTVs has a "Lip Sync" adjustment in the settings. Does your Bravia have such a setting? Doesn't really bear on your problem unless you connect from TV to receiver, or at least I don't think so. Just curious.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gabriel
    The Oppo BDP-83 does.
    Wow. I am absolutely amazed that anybody has this option. Maybe this problem is more common than I thought.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello and thanks for your answers,

I have an optical out on my tv and thats the way I see my dvd's these days. There is no sync problem when I use this optical out but it sends the signal to my reciever in stereo format. I would like to see my dvd's (and in the future bluerays) in 5.1. I already searched in the options 100 times to change this but even the sony center in our neighbourhood says it's not possible. I'm sure that the dvd players uses 5.1 because when I connect it directly to the reciever, the output is 5.1 (but with lipsync problem)

My bravia 40x4500 has no lipsync option. I was hoping that there is a cheaper solution than buying a new reciever with lipsync option.

Thanks,
    Patrice
    Quote Quote