VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi i am trying to install arabic subtitle into the dvd but it gives me a japanese characters instead of arab even if i made it the subtitle 2 arab still gives me the japanese letters help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried setting the font to Arial Unicode?

Also, make sure you have support for right to left text and complex characters enabled in your "Regional Settings" in the control panel.
    Quote Quote  
  3. it reads arab with other software except tmpgenc
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Most Windows subtitle programs are NOT Unicode aware. So that means that you have to go to the Control Panel -> Date, Time, Language and Regional Options -> Regional and Language Options -> Advanced and then where it says "Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use", you have to pick from a list one that matches your language. Reboot. Hope it fixes the problem (it may not). Be aware that doing this may cause some programs on your PC to act funny or display garbage characters like above, but it also might fix the TMPGenc issue.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, sorry it did nt fix the problem it showed japanese characters instead
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FAHAD9225
    Hello, sorry it did nt fix the problem it showed japanese characters instead
    Then there probably is no solution for your problem. You might write to the author and ask for help. That definitely should not have happened with a properly written program.
    Quote Quote