VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    A few of the files I've been unable to delete from the DVR, because MPC won't read them. NOW, some of them DO read in MPC, and I'm wondering if the encryption has an expiration/time function???

Anybody?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hi jag...

Haven't tried that version yet... Read ALOT last night - maybe 600 - 700 posts, and found a few people with identical problem who did not say that that version was the fix. Rarely tho' do we hear the 'fix'

Is that version only for Vista 64?
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, MPCHC is the newest version of MPC. It has more built in file readers and docoders.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Got MPCHC loaded. Funny - 64bit would not load on my 64bit Vista HP dv9000. Got 32bit version loaded, and the results are the same - the vids that loaded before still do, and the ones that did not rend before still do not rend.

Have not tried it yet in my 32bit XP desktop...

Do I need to modify some settings for these vidstream files? View / Options / ???
    Quote Quote  
  5. When you say they do no render, what do you mean? Do you get an error message? A black window? A window full of junk? Is there any sound? Is the progress bar moving?

Do GSpot and MediaInfo tell you anything about the files? Do they say different things about the ones that do play and the ones that don't play?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Only message is, "Cannot render the file". Exact identical result in both versions

Just a black screen - no garbled/pixelated image, no sound, no progress bar movement. Again, identical result in both players...

I'll run the other 2 apps you refer to, and see what they reveal. Are they de-multiplexors? I don't have experience with D/Muxers; but I can navigate apps pretty well.

Thanks again there!
    Quote Quote  
  7. GSpot and MediaInfo just tell you information about the files. Also try using DgIndex or DgAvcIndex. Can they read the files?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    GSpot says File type MPEG-2 transport stream, Mime type video/mp2t.
    Codec solution/test - rendering failed; error 0x80040265.

MediaInfo when playing the file, catches exceptions continuously, until the app stops working.

DGIndex
    Found NALU type 0, len 15 undefined, move on...
    Found data partition B without matching partition A, discarded.
    No further read.

AVS4YOU is a non-activated version. I don't think I can unload cash without first knowin' the files will read...
    edit: file format unsupported...

???
    Quote Quote  
  9. Perhaps the ones that don't play are corrupted or damaged. The readout from DGIndex certainly suggests that
    Quote Quote  
  10. Do you have, or can you make, a small one you can make available through a file hosting service like http://www.mediafire.com/ ? Or try extracting a short segment with Mpeg2Cut2, TsPacketEditor, TsSniper, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Mpeg2Cut2 gives this warning:
    NO MPEG PACK/SEQ at start.

This tell me anything?

attachments limited to one per post?

Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    [You must enter a message when posting!]

Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    And another...

Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    And TSSniper gives this error:

Quote Quote  
  15. Well, you've tried just about everything I can think of. Do any of those apps open the TSP files that you can play?
    Quote Quote