VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    ^^^You're funny because you're the one trying to convince people they're crappy sucky burners. I find it funny since I haven't seen anyone point out other than you that they're crappy burners. Nuff said.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting to see what the pro's are using. Ebay DVD duplicator listings are as a good sample as any.

Sony NEC Optiarc - 2,145 listings

Pioneer - 346 listings

Samsung - 24 listings

I've been watching duplicators for years. This year I have Sec 179 problems and may just buy a Sony NEC Optiarc duplicator before Dec 31.
    Depends what the definition of the word inhale is.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^^^I'll be buying that Sony/NEC OPTIARC dvd burner soon.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by samijubal
    Those stupid Pioneers pause for up to 2 minutes during burns and sit there and do nothing, that can happen up to 3 times per burn, the 115 and 116 both. My NEC has never once paused during a burn.
    I had a drive that did that....annoying as hell. Forget which one.
    It may have been the BenQ....I've never owned a Pioneer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have owned Lite-on, Sony, Samsung, LG, Pioneer and NEC optical drives

Best optical drive I ever owned was a Plextor 708A 4x DVD-R, 8x DVD+R DVD burner, it would read anything, if it could not read a spot on a CD or DVD it would slow down and retry until it read it, then speed back up, and Plextor released firmware speeding up the burning from 4x DVD-R to 8x DVD-R

I paid $300USD for that burner way back when lol

ps. Super Happy w/ my Pioneer BDR-203 8x Blu Ray burner (and it doesn't pause in the middle of burning a disc)

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ocgw

Best optical drive I ever owned was a Plextor 708A 4x DVD-R, 8x DVD+R DVD burner, it would read anything, if it could not read a spot on a CD or DVD it would slow down and retry until it read it, then speed back up, and Plextor released firmware speeding up the burning from 4x DVD-R to 8x DVD-R

ps. Super Happy w/ my Pioneer BDR-203 8x Blu Ray burner (and it doesn't pause in the middle of burning a disc)

ocgw

peace
    The Lite-Ons I have owned were older models, and provided good service. Had an NEC, but I gave it to someone, without ever having used it.

I have a Plextor 716 (I think that's the one) unopened in a closet. It was going to go into a certain computer that was never built, but I still intend to use it. Hopefully it is of equal quality to the one you mentioned. I'm glad if the Pioneer BluRay is working out well for you, but it sounds like it would be a recent model, in which case it might be Pioneer-badged but not Pioneer-built.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

ocgw

peace
    Whoas! That's my very first dvd burner the Plextor 708A drive!
    That drive kicks ass when it comes to reading discs with scratches. I still have it sitting on the shelf which is used occasionally when I can't rip a disc due to scratches. It's a great dvd burner! I think I paid $130.00 for that drive.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budz

ocgw

peace
    Whoas! That's my very first dvd burner the Plextor 708A drive!
    That drive kicks ass when it comes to reading discs with scratches. I still have it sitting on the shelf which is used occasionally when I can't rip a disc due to scratches. It's a great dvd burner! I think I paid $130.00 for that drive.
    LOLZ I was an "early adopter" of that drive after I read a nice review of it, paid $300USD for it @ Best Buy

It had 8mb cache if memory serves me correctly

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote