VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I Recently bought VOB2MPG pro but have experienced a couple of problems:

1. The preview doesn't appear to work (no video or sound) and the programme eventually freezes if I try to click on several of the titles one after another. However, as long as I avoid doing this, the progamme does still appear to be able to convert my DVDs to MPEG files.
    2. Although the extraction for a 2 hour DVD is only taking 20 minutes, there is then a long wait for the 'fixing timestamp discontinuities' process to complete. This pushes the conversion time up to 1 hour 15 minutes. My PC has a 3.4Ghz P4 processor, 4GB of RAM and Raid 0 SATA hard drives so I would have expected a faster conversion.

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I encountered an error report when I tried to run VOB2MPG last night. Not sure if it's related to the other problems I am experiencing but I have pasted it below just in case. Is anyone able to help?

Version: VOB2MPG PRO
    Build: 3.0.0060
    Type: System.AccessViolationException
    Source: System.Windows.Forms
    Message: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory
    is corrupt.
    InnerException:
    StackTrace: at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchM essageA(MSG& msg)
    at
    System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethod
    s.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason,
    ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason,
    ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at VOB2MPG_PRO.x867eb3246b182488.xc447809891322395(St ring[] xce8d8c7e3c2c2426)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Loaded the free version of VOB2MPG on my PC last night but unfortunately this has the same problems as the pro version - no preview and the program freezes (I notice from posts that others have experienced similar problems).

When I loaded the pro version on my laptop (1.4Ghz processor, 2GB RAM) it seemed to work okay but the conversion of a 2 hour DVD then took over 4 hours!

I know from reading comments on the forum that many people have found VOB2MPG works for them but I have to say that I've found it very disappointing. Just wished I'd tried the free version before buying!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just email me and i will refund you.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks ChrissyBoy
    Quote Quote