VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A little while ago, my video card (the one mentioned in the subject line) went defunct on me. It does not transmit a signal to my monitor at all whatsoever. As a result, I've been forced to downgrade to a GeForce 5500 FX, which blacks out on me if I try to keep both video cards in my PC at the same time. The 7300LE was actually shipped with my Dell XPS 410. I can't install the proper drivers for the 7300LE because it's not being detected due to not actually being present in my computer so as not to cause conflicts with the 5500 FX. What I'm wondering is what could cause the 7300LE to not be transmitting any signal? First, the DVI stopped working, and then after that the VGA portion of the card itself ceased to operate. Physically, it doesn't seem as if anything is wrong with the card, although I'm not sure if I should have cleaned beneath the heat sink and the card itself as there seemed to be some kind of ashen gray powder. In short, will my 7300LE ever work again? I am open to suggestions, hopefully none that involve frivolous expenditures.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Contact Dell for warranty service.
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being banned. Do not post false information.
    /Moderator John Q. Publik
    Quote Quote