VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Bumping post, not much longer left to get it AND install it.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by johns0
    Originally Posted by stiltman
    Originally Posted by johns0
    The only thing if you have to reformat after tomorrow then you cant use the program again.
    After full install, copy the folder in the Programs directory to a new location and export the key HKCU\software\womble. Then zip them up together

1. On new computer, unzip to the programs directory, create a new shortcut

2.double click your reg file to import it into your registry

3.start the program

or skip 2 and just add the key in manually
    I uninstalled it and deleted all the reg files pertaining to womble and the womble folder i copied to d drive still works so wasnt sure,you did try it on another computer without using the reg file first to see if it asked for a key code?
    No and Yes
    I did both, that's why I posted it

I also failed to mention, give away adds a reg key too. It's basically your answers to the initial install..no.no.no and did they ask. I deleted this key too.

You can consider this a wrapper around a installer
    Their wrapper by give away does one thing, then it kicks off the real installer

Luckily, Womble writes everthing to its own dir and only adds a reg key for the license
    Hell, Womble didn't even change file associations

BTW, tomorrow I'm going to test it all out again to see if their (give away) is actually true that it had to be installed the same day as the freebe give away....of course on a clean machine
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just installed it with 24 minutes to go
    Last thing I need is yet another editor...good for experimenting with HDV I suppose...
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks edDV and freebird73717. The distance between the 2nd small menu and the main one is large enough on my screen that I didn't catch that there was a 2nd menu until I saw the screen capture that freebird73717 posted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah....no need for reg key, you only need to copy install folder. I installed it on 3 different PCs with two different OSs.

I wouldn't use it as an editor (very limited), but it works great for simple cuts in HDV source. Great for extracting a highlight reel without loosing quality, ect. However the Transport Stream files it creates will cause terminal errors in Vegas. Vegas dislikes the "TS" files this program generates. Fortunately there is a simple fix. You can export Elemental Streams .mpv and .mpa, then mux them into a compliant Transport Stream "TS" with TsMuxeR. This creates a "TS" file that Vegas likes.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x
    Yeah....no need for reg key, you only need to copy install folder. I installed it on 3 different PCs with two different OSs.

I wouldn't use it as an editor (very limited), but it works great for simple cuts in HDV source. Great for extracting a highlight reel without loosing quality, ect. However the Transport Stream files it creates will cause terminal errors in Vegas. Vegas dislikes the "TS" files this program generates. Fortunately there is a simple fix. You can export Elemental Streams .mpv and .mpa, then mux them into a compliant Transport Stream "TS" with TsMuxeR. This creates a "TS" file that Vegas likes.
    Good to know. I'm mostly interested in using this for ATSC/QAM TV HD TS captures. Any issues?

Examples: news clips, magazine stories, PBS time shift.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    edDV wrote:
    Good to know. I'm mostly interested in using this for ATSC/QAM TV HD TS captures. Any issues?

I don't do TV captures, so I don't know. I mostly just work with HDV sources from my camera.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    What an annoying design.
    I felt this way too when I first got this program. However, it was a non-issue later when I discovered I can choose another layout that was right for me and did so. Now I love it.

Missed this offering. Oh well. I do own this great program anyway, however are there any distinctly newer/unique features in this offering?
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV
    Originally Posted by racer-x

I use MVW for editing and saving clips from ATSC captures off of my TV Wonder 650 quite often. It works very well at this. I usually put a quick fade out&in filter between the cuts to eliminate the jerkiness between the scenes. That's about as much "editing" that I'll do with it, as its MPEG2 encoder is very poor. If you need to transcode or change volume levels in the audio portion of your source, it does this very well.
    As a side note on racer-xs comments regarding TS files. MVW works well with them. Sage TV captures the full transport stream from an ATSC channel as a .tp file. You can select which video and audio portion of the stream you want from the clip properties. It also will take in .mod files.
    I fully agree with PuzZLeR regarding MVW layout. Once you get it set up to your liking and get familiar with it, it's not all that bad. Plus, you can configure and save multiple set-ups and change them on the fly. Its interface is a bit quirky though as you noted. No main (Windows type) tool bar for instance. But, pretty much most of what you need is there, and what it does, it does very well (except encoding as noted).
    I installed the free version on XpPro32 that I have running in a virtual machine in Sun VirtualBox. Then I copied the install folder to another virtual machine that is running Win7rc32. Both worked without any problems.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, friends!
    I'm new here, and I enjoyed your comments. I usually visit the Giveaway of the day site frequently, but on the very day he was offered the Womble Mpeg I did not have time to download it. It's possible that someone of you could provide the zip file provided by GAOTD that day? Thank you very much for your time!
    Evandro - Brazil.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Evandro
    It's possible that someone of you could provide the zip file provided by GAOTD that day?
    It won't work because the software had to be installed and activated the same day.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jajabo, thanks for your information.
    But, if it's possible, I want to make a test with that zip file. If you or anybody could provide it, I'll be very grateful.
    Thanks again for your time!
    Evandro.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Evandro, PM'd you.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    that's pretty wild that you could just copy the folder after installing/activating..what sort of copy protection is that!?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jagabo, Thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by greymalkin
    that's pretty wild that you could just copy the folder after installing/activating..what sort of copy protection is that!?
    Usually this wouldn't make a lot of financial sense. Though, lately there have been comments on the possibility of a new version of MVW that would add AVCHD support. If so, it could be a good strategy to get as many copies of their current product into users hands as possible. Then if and when the new version comes out, they could gain a lot of business from users wanting the new product.
    Quote Quote