VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Former Kanenite
    Search Comp PM
    I tried it with all except remove annoying adverts and trailers on Pearl Harbor and it failed again. I'm out of BD-R's right now so I can't try it again with them off until my package arrives.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did a little digging on the SlySoft AnyDVDHD forums and evidently the disc "Knowing" has a protection called "MKB 14". That is, Master Key Block, version 14. Further search yielded little more beyond the implication by the SlySoft team that MKB 14 is rather less difficult for them to deal with than BD+. Mostly because it's a distant second to BD+, having only a half-dozen clients, the largest of which is Lionsgate. There are a few posts from people who had trouble with the disc until updating AnyDVDHD. For what it's worth, if anything...

Well at any rate, it seems it's safest to do it as mrswla suggests, File Mode, all options *off* except enable blu-ray support.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Former Kanenite
    Search Comp PM
    No I tried Pearl Harbor.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by DGenerateKane
    No I tried Pearl Harbor.
    Heh, missed that. Fixed it.

So, does that test exonerate DaemonTools or what? Also, to repeat, the release date of Pearl Harbor means it's not BD+ protected.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok, here are my results for Pearl Harbor (as fritzi93 said, no BD+ protection):

1. My original way of back up worked great. see previous posts.

2. Selecting all settings in anydvd didn't work so great. anydvd copied to hd, bdrb successfully completed, and imgburn successfully burnt the disc. But...(there's always a but) the PS3 reported back with this error, "This is an invalid disc (80029906).

So, to me it seems that the only thing in anydvd that should be checked is "Enable Blu-ray support"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have backed up Pearl harbor, and Knowing w/ "default settings"

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by ocgw
    I( have backed up Pearl harbor, and Knowing w/ "default settings"

ocgw

peace
    That's the way to keep it, too. I have never had a problem backing up any blu-ray until I said I would do a test for the op.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Been searching the net for a few days and this is the most recent (and informative) info Ive found on Burning BD. so many others are years old, hard to spend so much money based those thoughts at that time being so old.

I like what Ive read here, and has already helped me a ton. but does anyone have any further info on these burns, like the types of discs to use, etc. Ive read so many opinions that id hate to spend all this money for so many failed discs (although i know a fail or error is inevitable.) Ive read that BD25 work best for PS3 and that BD50 work best. Ive read that full copies work best, and that only the movie copies work best. Ive read that BD dual layer is the way to go, but thats just essentially BD50 correct?

so many confusing posts circling the web, and with software changing so rapidly, it doesn't help that google sends me to posts 2-3 yrs old most the time.

just gathering as much info as i can before i go drop the cash on this hardware. being so confused i thought i might have to wait another year before pursuing this. but this post reassured me that its doable.

Thanks for any further info.
    -Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  9. @ACER-- Welcome to the forum.

The present time is very like the early days of DVD. Not a whole lot of (reliable) data out there yet.

That said, here's a few observations (call them guesses if you want): :P

Verbatim is probably a good bet for reliable BD media. They make first class DVDRs, and have always resisted the temptation to source cheap crap media. Many other brands you can't really know what you're getting until you read the manufacturer i.d. (M.I.D.) with ImgBurn, for example. Then look it up at, for instance, nomorecoasters (DVDRs). But there's no extensive database for BDRs yet.

Dual-layer media? Well, it's more difficult to make than single layer, which I don't think anyone will dispute. Again, the parallel with DVD media may be instructive. For DVD+R-DL, the *only* reliable brand is, again, Verbatim. And its reliability is not on a par with their single-layer media. So I would guess BD25s would be a better bet, but it's a guess. [shrugs]

Full disc or movie only? Well, if you have AnyDVDHD, there's actually no *ripping* involved and you can simply copy and paste if you want. It's easy to identify the main movie m2ts with for example MPCHC. You can extract main movie by choosing the associated (same number) *.mpls in tsMuxer and always get the main movie video, audio, subs, then mux to Blu-Ray structure. And often that will fit on a BD25 with no further processing. Just to give an example. Should work in any player out there which will play BDRs.

Full disc can be problematic, OTOH. The BDRB thread at Doom9 has some discussion on that. Intentionally complex and elaborate Java menus can be a problem if you need to re-encode the disc to fit a BD25.

As to burning, always use ImgBurn.

Others will have their own opinions. mrswla and several others here have experience specifically with BDRs on the PS3.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, i burn 10 BDRs (3 of 25GB and 7 of 50GB) with success using AnyDVD HD and ImgBurn, playing on PS3
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have backed up a Blu Ray and it all went fine using tsmuxer and imgburn, but when playing it back on my ps3 rather than have the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen (letterbox style) it just has one large one at the bottom and the picture is pushed to the top of the screen?

Any help on rectifying this please guys? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote