VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Alright I have had my JVC [GR-DVL815u] DV camcorder for months now and still can not figure out what I need to do to capture onto my PC so I can burn in mpeg1 format so I can view on my DVD player. I have Easy CD creator 5, Adobe , Ulead Video Studio basic SE.

System:
    xp 1800
    1gig PC2100 Mushkin
    IBM 60 gig harddrive
    Soyo MB (dragon plus)
    Gainward Geforce 2 Ti500 (with capture abilities)
    Soundblaster Audigy OEM card with Firewire port
    JVC DV camcorder DVL-815 with firewire and usb connections

I have been able to capture onto avi. format using Adobe but for a 2 min file it is over a half a gig in size!! I need to be able to capture into mpeg1 or 2 format so I can view on my Toshiba 4700 DVD player. HOW do i do this?
    I have Easy CD creator, Ulead basic and Adobe so I can make mpeg1 files so I can view on DVD player and not have to wear out my DV camcorder. I have a Soundblaster Audigy with a firewire port and I can view my video over the PC but cannot save it into mpeg format. Adobe states something about driver and EasY CD creator states "Cannot connect to video capture device" . What should I do?

what steps do I have to take to get video from a DV camera onto my PC so I can burn onto a CD to view in my DVD player?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your solution is simple:

1. Get ScenalyzerLive. It captures DV from your 1394 port and even segments the file into <4 GB chunks

or

2. Use Win NT/2K/XP as your OS and NTFS as your file system. Then use DVIO as your capture program.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tired ULead Video Studio 5, Media Studio 6.5 Director's Cut and Dazzle Main Actor for capturing with a Hollywood DV Bridge (looks like a camera on firewire).

ULead seems to want the Camera Off until I get that error message and only then turn on the camera (so it's sending video out via firewire). Dazzle wants the camera on before starting its capture program.

So try it both ways; maybe one will work.

Allan
    Quote Quote