VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I am using DVD-Lab Pro 2 authoring software and am trying to learn the program basically.

I have commercial DVD movies that I have ripped to my Hard Drive (via DVD Shrink and/or DVD Decrypter) in their normal DVD audio/video folder, vob, etc. format.

I can import these VOB files into DVD-Lab Pro 2 as a "joined" file that has both the video & audio.

However, when making a Scene Selections Menu, I was hoping to save time by simply keeping the movie's original chapter points. Apparently, when imported into DVD-Lab Pro, it must have removed the original chapter points along the way as it asks me to go in and create my own chapter points, which I know how to do too, but I want to keep the movie's original chapter points. Message says "The movie has no usable Chapter Points...."

As I mentioned, I've tried importing as a "Joined" file.
    I've also tried importing as a "Joined" and having it demultiplexed.
    I also simply imported the files without joining them.

All of which, when the video track is placed on the Movie timeline, show no indicated chapter points on the timeline, as well as having the same "... no usable chapter points" message when attempting to create a "Scene Selections" menu.

Any suggestions for me? I might have missed something.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD decrypter has an option to create a text file of the original chapter points for various tools. One of those is DVD Lab Pro. Open DVD Decrypter and click on Tools -> Settings. Click on the IFO Mode tab and you will see a section marked Create Additional Files. One of these is Chapters - DVD Lab. Tick that and rip again to get the chapter list as a text file that you can import in DLP.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, that did the trick.

Thank you kindly sir. Thanks to you, I've learned something new.

Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote