VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Are you a caffeine addict?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So do you have to have caffeine every day to get going?

I have been trying to cut back on caffeine pop (soda). At least during weekdays. I have been to the point where I've had at least two mountain dews in the morning almost every day.

I am now easing off to just the weekends and sometimes Fridays.

How about you?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope - never touch the stuff.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I used to be. Between coffee and Mt. Dew I used to drink lots of caffeinated beverages.

Now I only have caffeinated coffee sunday morning , rarely do I drink soda pop any more, I mainly drink decaffeinated iced tea now more than anything.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  4. Coffee? Yeah I like coffee don't you like coffee I thought everybody liked coffee I don't think I drink too much how can you tell I don't know I think coffee is really good everybody should have some do I still have some maybe I should make some more I hope I didn't run out I may need to go get some more I think it's on sale at Walmart probably should get some more don't want to run out that would be real bad.

Actually I only drink a cup or two most days, what I am addicted to is the Amaretto flavored creamer, the combination has a beneficial effect on certain morning processes.

Don't like the caffeine flavored drinks, most taste like crap.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I get my caffeine mostly from diet cola. I'm mostly drinking tea in the mornings but coffee after the evening meal. On the road it is all black coffee.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I would have expected more answer options like:
    1 Yes
    2. Hell, Yes
    3. Who isn't??!!!
    4. I'll talk to you in a second after I finish my next capuccino...

Scott (I'm sure you can guess from this response where I fall...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No. I used to bring hot coffee to work in a thermos. Then I went to decaf coffee, then to tea, then to decaf tea, then..... why bother? Now it's decaf iced tea with artificial sweetener. I never needed to be that awake in the morning. I don't drink soda any more either.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I switched to decaf coffee many, many years ago, not because it bothered me, but because it kept my wife up at night. See, I would twitch and shake all night keeping her awake, but I slept through the whole thing. I seldom drink soda anymore and when I do, it's usually caffeine free as well. (Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Squirt, or Fresca).
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I could have a caffeine IV, I'd rock that on a daily basis.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just when I'm on this forum...
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm definitely an addict. If I don't have my morning cup of coffee, then the day is off to a bad start. I have another cup in the afternoon, plus one or two other caffinated beverages, like tea, cocoa or soda. I can do without the others, but not the two cups of coffee. Gotta have those two cups or I am dragging.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've been trying to cut back. I usually slam down 80 oz. (5-16oz cups) of black coffee before lunch. I drink the same or more between lunch and bedtime. (1.5 to 2 pots per day)

My doctor wants to slap me. The problem is that trying to cut back is giving me some rockin' headaches. ..something to do with the caffeine constricting the blood vessels in my head or something like that. Once the flow is unconstricted, my head starts to pound. (I'd say that's an addiction)

On the plus side... black coffee kills the germs/bacteria that cause bad breath, so when my heart explodes they can still give me mouth-to-mouth.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Love the dark British and Irish tea.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm an addict, I usually have three cups of coffee in the morning plus a couple of glasses of tea(hot and iced) during the day. I don't drink much soda anymore but I sure do like those Lipton Brisk's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I must have some every day, otherwise I'll get a severe headache.
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    10-12 mugs a day of either filter or a double spoon of instant coffee.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I MUST have at least one can of Coke before 0930 each day. No exceptions. As with Soopafresh - no caffeine by 0930 = severe headache and you'd better just stay the **** away from me.
    But that is all. I rarely have more than one caffeine drink a day.
    Many long years ago I was drinking no less than 1 gallon of Mountain Dew a day (it was FREE at work and I needed the energy!) and at least 3 or 4 cans of Coke (always with a healthy dose of Bacardi). My cousin and other room-mates have told me that on countless times they observed me sleepwalk to the kitchen in the middle of the night, slam a can of Coke in my sleep and go back to bed...
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One cup(10-12oz) every morning when I get up and that's it. Might drink a cup of tea during the day sometimes but never coffee. Also might have some Diet cola during the day or early evening but never more than 8 oz. Any more than that and I'll wake up the following morning with an Aspartame headache.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  19. 3 or 4 cups of strong PG Tips with milk a day. I can get it at a fair price (5 cents a bag). Sometimes a cappuccino(ish) coffee when I get home. Or, put in a more down-to-earth way, a "milky coffee".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do like a cup in the mornings before I go to work. Once there, I find that I sip on a cup almost all day. Usually not more than three cups in a day, but I just nurse them along. I like the taste.

For thirst quenching, I drink water. I almost never drink carbonated drinks.

And, there's usually a pitcher of sweetened iced tea in our fridge at home.
    Quote Quote  
  21. One to two cups of coffee almost every day. Cola beverage about twice a day (down from almost 6 times a day).

Drink lots of seltzer now. We make our own using a Sodastream system, but I would like to switch to something cheaper to refill. My wife likes that the sodastream looks good on the counter and take up very little space.

During really busy times sugar and caffeine get me through my work day.

I miss Tequila

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope - glass of Oveltene in the morning, 12oz can of V8 at noon, grape or grapefruit juce in the mid-afternoon (if I eat lunch I don't eat dinner), apple juce in the evening with a small snack.

Average of one cup of decafe/week (when eating out) and abourt 2 glasses/cans of root-beer/week.

Almost never drink straight water : )
    Andrew Jackson: "It's a poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry just waiting on the kettle boiling. i used to have about 8-10 mugs a day, I cut down last year when I became Diabetic. it depends on how much sleep ive had and how busy i am at work.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Strong Italian coffee in the morning, tea in the early afternoon. No caffeine after 4pm, or it will be hard to get to sleep. I must confess, I am one of those who gets headaches if I don't have a little caffeine.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I usually have only one cup per day, but it's gotta be fairly fresh correctly roasted beans, ground fresh that morning, right brew temp, & black. Coffee brewed right is just WIN!
    Quote Quote  
  26. I'm up at 5 a.m. typically and have a quart of strong coffee before I go to work.

OTOH, if it's *not* a workday, I have maybe one cup first thing in the morning. Or perhaps none and no headache. So am I an addict or not?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Some statistics:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_coffee_consumption_per_capita

I live in Sweden and here almost everybody drink coffee several times every day. Personally I drink maybe 0,5 liter coffe per day, so it is not not very much compared to the average.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    I must have some every day, otherwise I'll get a severe headache.
    and me as well , I`ll usually have a cup of coffee within an hour of getting up ....and another within a half hour . No coffee = headache after about 2 hours . I`ll worry about it when Im dead
    I`ll have about 5-7 mugs a day ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Give me "frape"! Greek instant iced coffee that is.
    One glass in the morning, one glass in the afternoon.

And here is a nice add : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxug_JvQpTU
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Shame on SS for spamming!

:P
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!