VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I am new to the Forum site. I have been searching through it but am not finding any luck with it. So maybe someone out there might be able to help me. Well I have been burning dvds for a little while now and can get them to burn but as many have posted before me cannot get them to play on my standalone. I bought TDK DVD+RW and am using Prism as my dvd conversion program. I am reading all of posts replying to the region on the standalone but also am reading that the model i have is not changable (the region code i mean). So I am just figuring that maybe just maybe that my standalone doesn't play burned dvds, if this is the case or that i am missing something or doing something wrong then please can some just give me some advice on this matter or i will just give up completely. Thank You in advance for any reply to this post!!!!!
    CrAzY_CaJuN
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a lot of standalones won't play dvd-rw. try a dvd-r from verbatim or taiyo yuden for max compatibility.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Region coding should not be an issue. It's almost impossible for consumers to add region codes to DVDs they make themselves. It's not impossible, but let's just say that you have to really know what you are doing to be able to do it and you have to have a tool that supports it.

Older DVD players don't like re-writable DVD discs. It could also be that you aren't finalizing the discs or that your player prefers DVD-RW over DVD+RW or that it doesn't like the brand you are using. If you must use re-writable DVDs, I would recommend only using Verbatim. Nobody else sells quality re-writable media in the USA.
    Quote Quote