VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi,

some people on guru3d made an example how to double the fps of an 24p movie to 48 and interpolate frames to do a fluid motion.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=288017

the results are very impressive. the cpu does do this thing with ffdshow and avisynth script in realtime. for 720p movies its ok but for 1080p the cpu is too slow.
    so the idea is to do this job NOT in realtime. i dont know how to do this. i just copied the script and it works. but it would be nice to encode the stream back in to new file and then play normally without that filter. is that possible?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Open your AVS script in a video editor and save a video file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You probably have to modify that script a bit if you want to use it as an .avs file (i.e. the source filter)

Another way would be to leave everything you have it as ffdshow as the directshow decoder, and use DirectShowSource() in a 1 line .avs script then feed that into an encoder that accepts avs scripts
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    You probably have to modify that script a bit if you want to use it as an .avs file (i.e. the source filter)
    You should only have to replace
    global source=ffdshow_source()
    by
    source = DirectShowSource(...) # <- add your filename here

(The two 'global's in that script are unnecessary, by the way. Somebody cut and pasted from somewhere else without knowing what they were doing.)
    Quote Quote