VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

my goal is to build a video presentation, using mostly photos, short videos and audio files. In other words, a kind of elaborated slide show BUT I need many transition effects specially between the photos AND the possibility to export the presentation with a size of 1024 x 768 px. as the presentation will be shown with a video projector using this res.

My budget is under $200.

I've searched the web and found Power Director 8, which could be the right solution for me as I'm a newbie in Video editing.

The problem is I'm using a laptop and I'm afraid my Processor
    won't be fast enough (although I don't plan to import DV ).

here are the details:
    my Processor : AMD 64 athlon 3200+ | 1994 MHz

From what I've read, Power Director 8 requires a processor of 2,2 GHz.
    Will my pc be able to handle it?
    Is it risky to install PowerDirector since my processor seems too weak for it?

Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I use Magix Movie Edit for just that scenario(except the output size) and I love that little program. Jpegs, MP3s, mjpeg from my camera....it takes it all and it's very easy to use.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Proshow Gold and Proshow Producer will both do what you are looking for in terms of building the show from the asset types you are listing.
    As for output, I know Proshow Producer can be set to output 1024x768 px but I'm not sure if Gold can.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Nothing bad is going to happen from the install, it will just run slow. Like rendering a 2-hour presention will take a day or so.

Work in small chunks while testing, unless you have LOTS of time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks to all of you for your feedback.
    Quote Quote