VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for an older version of ATI MMC after reading reviews about the various versions and their different capabilities.

I scoured pretty much every option I could in their web-site drivers download page and I could only find versions 7.4, 8.9, 9.06, 9.08, 9.14, and 9.16.

Does anyone know how I could get a hold of ATI MMC 9.02?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Don't think there was any major difference between 8.9, 9.02, and 9.06. Why do you prefer this particular one?

If you haven't done this before, the MMC is only one part of the install, there's the catalyst driver, and two other pieces that all interact to form The unique ATI install environment. Be prepared to spend some time on this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DarrellS, thanks for the link, but I had actually found that already. However, the download link is an old external mirror through ATI's web-site and ATI blocks it.

Nelson37, I don't have any personal reason for wanting 9.02 over any other one other than reviews I had read on this site claiming that some of the other versions were extremely buggy and that 9.02 was the latest version that seemed the most stable. I was assuming (maybe incorrectly), that using the latest Catalyst drivers wouldn't matter to the actual MMC program.

If someone is aware of a really good combination of drivers/other pieces(codecs??)/MMC and knows how I can get a hold of it, then I would really appreciate it. Otherwise, I am at the mercy of version 9.14 with the drivers currently on the ATI web-site.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also, it appears that version 9.14 of MMC does not have VideoSoap built into it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've got a copy of 9.02 mmc archived.

I've uploaded it for you.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/4/1/2388062/mmc-9-02-0-0.zip
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  6. At approximately 9.10, which does not seem to exist, they changed the encoder package. Adherence to specified bitrate values and spike behavior is very different. Before 9.10, you got no big spikes but the bitrates stayed well below specified values. After 9.10, bitrates were closer to chosen value but you get major spikes, outside of DVD spec. Not a problem if you just play from the hard drive, burning DVD can be an issue. You just have to lower the values.

Not sure when VideoSoap went away, I rarely used it. WAV audio came in around the same time, had hopes for that but it didn't do what I wanted, so never used that either. Autocropping, 16:9 settings changed somewhat, the VCR file went away, nothing really major.

Most all versions MMC have some quirks, I really haven't found any of them to be what I would call "unstable". That's going back a long way, actually before they had MMC. Difficult, bitchy, PTIA to install sometimes, absolutely. If what you have is working, and there is no definite feature you are attempting to obtain, and most especially if you have not installed MMC several times, I would in no way recommend changing just to seek "more stability".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd like to know ... what is the reason ... to have it or for a particular reason ... I installed Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 ... recently ... I like it !

Works with my ATI HDTV 650 PCI card great ... actually scans my OTA channels and I can record with it
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lacywest
    I'd like to know ... what is the reason ... to have it or for a particular reason ... I installed Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 ... recently ... I like it !

Works with my ATI HDTV 650 PCI card great ... actually scans my OTA channels and I can record with it
    You can't use the MMC software with the new ATI tuner cards. The software that ships with the newer cards is ATI branded Cyberlink PowerCinema.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    freebird73717, thank you so much for posting this. I was hoping someone might have an archived copy. I really appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    no problem
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote