VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Vob2Mpg produces an mpeg2 file that contains the subtitles.
    Using Mpeg2Cut2, the parts I need can be saved and joined as one and the subtitles are still there - but the file cannot be re-authored to DVD format with the subtitles..
    VLC knows the subs exist in the mpeg files and plays them, but there seems to be no way extract them.

Instead I used DVD Shrink to select the parts I needed - but they are separate titles and playback isn't smooth.
    I thought I could then convert the subs to sub/idx format and join them using VobSub Joiner.
    It has a problem joining them, inasmuch as the times listed for the subs are the original times from the movie - they don't correspond to the actual length of the new clip.
    Using SubResync I could guess the real start times for the subtitles, but it's tedious work.

What I need is a way of either extracting the subs from the mpeg files or a way of joining the subs (with the correct times) from DVD Shrinks output.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our subtitle section.

I would....hmm....give up...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Found that CLI Eac3To can de-mux an mpeg-2 file (including subtitles) and the times reflect the running time of the clip (not the original times from the movie).
    And VobSub Joiner works ok now.

eac3to -demux filename.mpg
    Quote Quote