VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    What is the best process to back up a bluray that is less than 25gig to a BD-R disc?

From the guides, I've read, I *THINK* I'm doing it right, but I'm having a problem.

I'm thinking it might be more a burner/media problem than software/process problem... let me explain...

My reader/burner is a LG BH08LS20, I have AnyDVDHD installed, and used it to RIP to ISO.

I then tried to burn the ISO using Imgburn to a Verbatim BD-R disc which has 4x on the package (I got as 3packs from Best Buy). First burn, I selected 4x. Next burn, I left the default of AWS.

Each burn I get verification errors. I try to play in my BluRay player, and it gives me blocks, and corrupt video, and even audio drop out as it plays.

So, I tried again, setting burn speed to 2x. Imgburn gave me an error.. "write speed miscompare.. wanted 2x, got 8x"
    I aborted, and didn't burn.

Any suggestions??
    Quote Quote  
  2. If original disc is BD25 I use anydvd to copy files to hard drive (not iso). Then use imgburn to burn bd files to a blank bd-r. Never have had a problem yet.
    Quote Quote  
  3. As mrswla said rip the disc to files but first see if there's a firmware update for your LG.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tired rip to files... No good.

There is no firmware update for this drive from LG. Apparently Buffalo and IO? sell this drive and have released firmware updates, so I could "cross flash" but that of course voids the warranty, and there is no LG firmware to go back to.

Something I did notice, is that it appears that ImgBurn is trying to "over speed" when it burns. It says these Verbatim's can be burned as 2x, 4x, 6x and 8x. And no matter what speed I pick, ImgBurn seems to take 8x.

Could that be the problem?

How do I fix that?

I tried using the AWS settings, and telling it 4x for this drive and media code, but it still used 8x.
    Quote Quote