VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have shooted a video with my MiniDV camera (I used a tape that probably have been damaged in my previous camcorder which had recording head/mechanism problems since in the artifacts I can see the previously recorded video).

These artifacts have a duration of about 5 seconds and they only appear in some part of the video (where the old camcorder failed on this tape).

doas a logo remover filter may work ????? Or a better solution ???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming PAL video, 5 seconds would be about 125 frames. If you want to do the work, you could correct each individual frame. If the artifacts don't move, might be easier and a delogo filter or similar filter may help. Otherwise it would be a project to manually correct each frame in PhotoShop or another graphics editor. Not really easy no matter how you go if you want the best quality output.

You're lucky it's DV as you have access to each frame.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it just looks like a video of tourists...
    5 seconds less is that important?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I can cut these parts, but the problem if I cut them is that I will lose the audio commentaries

Doing manually is a solution but it will take a lot of time, these artifacts are on a section of about 3-4 minutes with a duration of 5 secondins in intervals of about 15-20 seconds. So to do it manually, it's too much....

I'll try the delogo filter only ont he involved parts
    Quote Quote  
  5. If the audio is important, a quick and dirty option might be to replace with still frames or neighboring "good" frames
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You know, just looking at it quicly, there seems to be video underneath those blocks. If you can find out the exact "levels" of each transparancy you could restore each frame without any evidence of those blocks, I think.

-vhelp 5185
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by vhelp
    You know, just looking at it quicly, there seems to be video underneath those blocks. If you can find out the exact "levels" of each transparancy you could restore each frame without any evidence of those blocks, I think.

-vhelp 5185
    How can I try that ????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry, I ment that through the delogo tool (that others had already realized what I just said) could be used to find out the transparency values and ultimately to remove those blocks. They look like there are some details still left in the error that your dv->hdd seem to have caused and left you with the mess to fix. I think these are refered to as, tape drop-outs, or something like that.

I looked at it a little, but I have no experience with delogo plugin, but others here, they may.

Maybe upload a short few seconds worth of untouched dv avi, to determine if there really is detail behind those blocks. A few seconds will help determine that.

-vhelp 5192
    Quote Quote  
  9. There is nothing behind those blocks. Only the previously recorded video with the old defective camera (which may have damaged the tape).
    Quote Quote